White iPhone 5 Restore

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Edge1978, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Edge1978 macrumors 6502

I restored my White iPhone 5 about a week ago to resolve an issue I was having and I noticed that when it's in the middle of restoring, in itunes my white iPhone 5 turns into a Black iPhone 5 until the restore is complete and then it switches back. Is this normal? I never had a White iPhone so I don't know if this is typical. :confused:

2. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

If you mean the iPhone photo next to the phones info then yes it is normal. It's black by default until it recognizes your phone and sees that it's white and chances the color of the photo.

However in iPhoto on a Mac during a sync it's always black for both iPad and iPhone.

3. Edge1978 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yep, thats what I was referring to. Thanks :)

4. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Cool.

Black phone white phone black phone - all without returning.

Okay, sorry... with all the INSANE posts about returning phones... don't worry about it. My Moms phone at ATT shows about half the time as an old flip phone, half the time as Iphone.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Yes, I don't know why more people aren't doing this. Rather than go through the hassle of returning it for a full refund and purchasing a new retail iPhone in the other color (possibly with a long wait time if they're out of stock), just restore your scuffed black iPhone 5 and voila you have a scuff-free white iPhone 5!