White iPhone 5 "Scuffgate" did your white phone have damage?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hooterville, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Hooterville macrumors 6502a

Hooterville

Did your White iPhone 5 come with any scuffs, scratches, dings, dents or damage straight out of the box?:confused:

I'm on my third 64GB black and I'm ready to just go with the white version. :eek:

2. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

My wife's did. But since such things are the new normal. She chose to keep it.

It's also less damaged than my black one was, and even a bit better than the replacement for my original.

The solution is simple, lower your expectations knowing you're not alone & all will be well.

3. lovetamarav macrumors regular

Didn't have any issues with mine. Looked perfect right out of the box.

4. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

I wonder how many threads like this will still be posted? Seems like a new one pops up every week.....

For the record, launch day, perfect out of the box.

5. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

Ah yes, this is the attitude that will ruin the world.

Just lower your expectations....

The government going to pot, lower your expectations...
    Car broke down, lower your expectations....
    Wife cheated on you, lower your expectations... It works for everything:cool:

6. realeric macrumors 6502a

realeric

Cell phones have a 14/30 days return policy for a problem with poor reception or dropping calls, not for cosmetic issues or personal preferences. Some people may have been abusing it.

7. Dstopsie macrumors 6502a

Mine was fine out of box. No scuffs. Just a problem with push notifications for email. . But think that was an iOS problem cuz they started working fine. Had replacement sent or email Robles and I returned it and kept my original.

Love love the white one.

8. VandyChem2009 macrumors 6502a

VandyChem2009

Dude some chinese people got paid peanuts to mass produce 5 million phones they will never get to use or own. Get over yourself. Big difference between lowering your expectations about a phone being made in China than all the crap you said.

9. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

Mine came with the smallest scuff. I talked with AT&T and got a free lighting to USB cable instead of going the through the hassle of getting a new phone. I'm happy and it really isn't that bad.

10. Gunny011 macrumors regular

no damage on mine I could see, despite inspecting it under a light for ages after I found out about 'scuffgate'

11. VandyChem2009 macrumors 6502a

VandyChem2009

Lets say you scrutiny had yielded a scuff, what would you have done?

12. Gunny011 macrumors regular

if it bothered me that much, and it was a serious scruff, I would have taken it back

13. VandyChem2009 macrumors 6502a

VandyChem2009

LOL, all this scuff gate stuff is reminding me of when I got my 4s. So I buy it at the Apple Store in the Galleria in Houston, The Genius turns it on to activate and removes the plastic thing on the screen. Well he accidentally drops the phone and it hits the corner of the wooden table they display their computers on. I let out an audible groan and pick it up. Well yeah the screen was pretty nicely shattered. The Genius looks at me with this I am so sorry look on his face, well to make what could end up being a very long story short, he attempted to give me a black box replacement phone, that didn't fly.

14. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

What you fail to understand is Apple doesn't care. Nor are they going to change no matter how many complaints they receive. As long as they have the legions of Apple worshipers that will advocate for Apple no matter how bad it gets, nothing will cause Apple to change.

A problem that has no solution becomes just a fact of life. Why stress? Why fight the obvious? If you want the phone, you have no choice.

It's quite simple really.