White iPhone 5 Wear and Tear

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vigilant, Oct 2, 2012.

1. vigilant macrumors 6502

vigilant

we are about a week and a half out and I thought I'd see how people are doing with the white iphone 5. How is it holding up to wear and tear so far?

2. iExpensive macrumors 6502

iExpensive

Check back in a couple months. Most people don't even have their phone yet.

3. drakestan macrumors regular

hahahahahaha

4. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

My phone looks just like the day I got it – but I wouldn't expect any less for a phone that's not even a month old yet. Seriously, until we're on the cusp of the iPhone 5S before you ask that question. :p

5. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

No problems here, nothing chipping, flaking or wearing. Pocket carried bare since the 21st.

6. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

Same here.

7. mpossoff macrumors 68020

No problems here, my white iPhone got full body protection as soon as factory plastic came off. My white iPhone has literally never been exposed completely naked, maybe for the time between the factory plastic came off and the installation(professional)

8. Mark316 macrumors member

This is still the honeymoon phase wait till after 6 months and see how they are looking then.

9. ITS ME DAVID macrumors 6502

10. cababah macrumors 68000

Does that lining interfere with the device's ability to extract heat? I always worry about those "permanent" covers and the heat generated when charging/heavy use and how it could be bad for the battery.

I always remove mine from the case while charging but you can't exactly do that with a body protection.

11. aquadisiac macrumors 6502

same. she looks good.

12. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

A lot of places in the U.S. have laws against public nudity. :p Be careful.

13. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

No wear on mine. I have it in an otterbox defender case. I don't want to get gas or diesel fuel on mine at work, nor do I want to drop it.

14. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

hahahahha

15. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Had mine since launch and she has been naked. Only visible wear was the chip in the back she came with. But just traded her in for a black...

16. jmcrutch macrumors regular

got my white iphone 5 on day 1 and have been using it everyday, all day long, with no case. Looks just like it did the day I got it. The aluminum back is going to pick up some smudges, sort of like macbook airs and pros do, but they can be cleaned.

17. surjavarman macrumors 6502a

I don't get why people wrap their iphones in plastic. If thats how you roll then you'd be better off buying a SGS3 which is arguably the better phone and cheaper too.

18. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

As long as my screen doesn't scratch (it won't) I don't care if months down the road there is slight wear on the reverse. Gives it a bit of patina and personality.

It's like a new car purchase. After the first flaw shows up I'll breath easy and won't care nearly as much.

19. pnoyblazed macrumors 6502a

honeymoon phase is still in effect.. still babying it.. but after a couple more weeks it'll be tossed around and whatnot.. so far so good

20. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

Not even that much cheaper

21. robaroo macrumors regular

my white iphone is as fresh as the day it was pulled out of the box (sept. 21) and it'll continue to be that way now that i have it filmed front/back and with a bumper on it. :)

22. cecoleman macrumors regular

Mine also looks as good as it did on day one. I put a clear bodyguardz shield on the back of it to keep the back metal from scratching on table surfaces. It looks great and naked to the untrained eye. I actually like how it gives the back a little glossy look. Shines like a pearl.