White iPhone 5 Wear and Tear

vigilant

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Nashville, TN
we are about a week and a half out and I thought I'd see how people are doing with the white iphone 5. How is it holding up to wear and tear so far?

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
My phone looks just like the day I got it – but I wouldn't expect any less for a phone that's not even a month old yet. Seriously, until we're on the cusp of the iPhone 5S before you ask that question. :p

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
No problems here, nothing chipping, flaking or wearing. Pocket carried bare since the 21st.

mpossoff

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2010
Philadelphia
Same here.
No problems here, my white iPhone got full body protection as soon as factory plastic came off. My white iPhone has literally never been exposed completely naked, maybe for the time between the factory plastic came off and the installation(professional)

Mark316

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2012
This is still the honeymoon phase wait till after 6 months and see how they are looking then.

cababah

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
No problems here, my white iPhone got full body protection as soon as factory plastic came off. My white iPhone has literally never been exposed completely naked, maybe for the time between the factory plastic came off and the installation(professional)
Does that lining interfere with the device's ability to extract heat? I always worry about those "permanent" covers and the heat generated when charging/heavy use and how it could be bad for the battery.

I always remove mine from the case while charging but you can't exactly do that with a body protection.

aquadisiac

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2009
GA
same. she looks good.

ToddH

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
we are about a week and a half out and I thought I'd see how people are doing with the white iphone 5. How is it holding up to wear and tear so far?
No wear on mine. I have it in an otterbox defender case. I don't want to get gas or diesel fuel on mine at work, nor do I want to drop it.

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
Had mine since launch and she has been naked. Only visible wear was the chip in the back she came with. But just traded her in for a black...

jmcrutch

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2010
got my white iphone 5 on day 1 and have been using it everyday, all day long, with no case. Looks just like it did the day I got it. The aluminum back is going to pick up some smudges, sort of like macbook airs and pros do, but they can be cleaned.

surjavarman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 24, 2007
I don't get why people wrap their iphones in plastic. If thats how you roll then you'd be better off buying a SGS3 which is arguably the better phone and cheaper too.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
As long as my screen doesn't scratch (it won't) I don't care if months down the road there is slight wear on the reverse. Gives it a bit of patina and personality.

It's like a new car purchase. After the first flaw shows up I'll breath easy and won't care nearly as much.

pnoyblazed

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2008
honeymoon phase is still in effect.. still babying it.. but after a couple more weeks it'll be tossed around and whatnot.. so far so good

robaroo

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
Seattle, WA
my white iphone is as fresh as the day it was pulled out of the box (sept. 21) and it'll continue to be that way now that i have it filmed front/back and with a bumper on it. :)

cecoleman

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2007
Mine also looks as good as it did on day one. I put a clear bodyguardz shield on the back of it to keep the back metal from scratching on table surfaces. It looks great and naked to the untrained eye. I actually like how it gives the back a little glossy look. Shines like a pearl.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.