White iPhone 5's backplate resistance

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xDD7, Sep 30, 2012.

1. xDD7 macrumors newbie

Hi.

I'm just wondering if I need to use an additional case for my iPhone 5 in white (I'll get one in few weeks). I'd prefer not do it, because I love 'naked' iPhone design, but there's my question: does white iPhone 5 get scratches or something like that on it's backplate easily? For example: after putting it on table etc.? My previous iPhone 4 does and it wasn't good for me. How about it, guys? :)

2. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

I don't know about the 5, but you could maybe compromise and go with a minimalistic case, such as a bumper. That's what I have been using since the 4 came out and I love it. It still keeps the beauty of the all glass but keeps it raised off the table to prevent scratches (none to date on either my 4 or 4S).

3. xDD7 thread starter macrumors newbie

I know bumper can solve it, but it's too thick for me.

So, guys, do you know something about how much is white 5's backplate proof to scratches in normal-careful use?

4. mankar4 macrumors 6502a

mankar4

Mine has a couple scratches on the apple logo, but no marks on the rest of the plate. It looks fine and you have to look pretty close to see the scratches. Its staying naked, I would never put a case on this thing. Half the improvement is the weight.

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3