White IPhone dicoloring

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TyShawn, Jan 14, 2012.

1. TyShawn macrumors 6502

My wife is looking to gt an iPhone, but wants it I white. Her concern is that over time it will discolor or stain with makeup. Could some members provide me with feedback on how your white iPhones are holding up staying white.

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

This has been discussed before. It doesn't actually discolor, but I find "dirt" to be easier to see. It's glass, so her makeup isn;t going to permanently stain anything.

3. Dessureault macrumors member

The white paint is under the glass panel so you don't have to worry, it won't get dirty. Except maybe around the home button, but you can easily clean it with a q-tip :)

4. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

5. SporkLover macrumors 6502

It's a glass front and back. It wont stain.... unless the makeup your wife wears has the power to etch glass!

6. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

The dirt that collects around the bezel will be a lot easier to notice but you can just use a piece of paper or something to get in between the glass and the plastic!

7. TyShawn thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you all for the info, and sorry for the yet aonther does the white iphone get dirt post.

8. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Some white iPhones DO seem to get in the way of the camera when using flash:(