white iPhone owners.... are you happy with your choice to get white???

jena55

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2009
Hey everyone-

I just want to hear from those of you who own the white iPhone. Do you like it?? Do you like how it looks in and out of cases?? Any major issues?

I am getting an iphone today or tomorrow and I simply can't decide what color!! I had never really considered white until I saw one in person and thought they actually kind of looked neat. I still don't know if it looks as sleek as the black though??

I am a girl, if that makes a difference, so I am not worried if people think white is girly. I just want it to be cool!

So- are you happy with your color choice??

tempusfugit

macrumors 65816
May 21, 2009
Chicago
it really doesn't matter that much, especially since most people seem to put cases around the color anyway.

I've had both. Believe it or not, its not the white or black part that you look at....

okaive

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2008
a friend of mine has one and they dont like it because you can see the cracks in the white a lot more then you do in the black.

jsimpson

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2006
Yeah I love mine, I ended up with a White InCase Slider on it but it's white none the less!

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
the only time i thought that i'd rather have had white than black was when looking at some of the transparent cases.... many look nicer with the white background than the black...

however since i picked a non transaparent case... i'm happy i picked black!

nburwell

macrumors 601
May 6, 2008
DE
I love my white iPhone. I initially purchased the black 8gb, but I was running out of memory and wanted to get a 16gb. I never really considered white until, like you, I saw it in person. Ultimately, I did go with white, and I don't regret the decision one bit. I don't have any protection on the phone at all. I love that I don't see the finger prints on the back of the phone like I did with my black 3G. But yeah, I don't regret getting the white for one second.

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
I had a white iPhone 3G, but switched to black for the 3G S. I think both are nice in their own way, but I prefer the black currently.

loskickking23

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2008
I luv my white 3g....got it on the release date last year and never thought about the black....and I also luv the fact that I get a new phone every few months because of the small cracks..lol

f00f

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2009
New Yawk
My black phone lived in a white case for a long while. Lately it's been naked. Both colors are boring IMO, though the white is far less common in the ghetto area i live in. Umm... no pun intended.

The next iPhone I get will be white, just to switch it up.

zunairryk

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2009
Vancouver, BC
i have had both black and white iphones, black shows alot of finger prints whereas on white you can easily see scratches/cracks.

I prefer black, with the invisible shield on the back, so it doesn't get finger prints :)

Peruvian

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2006
U.K.
here is my white 3G.. with a clear skin on it.... I got white to match my white macbook... Also the skin almost makes the Iphone look like glass....

Attachments

orange42

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2009
I have white and don't use a case anymore. I like it I'm happy I chose it over black. People always ask if I have a white case on mine cause most people don't know it's made in white.

charliehustle

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2009
Hey everyone-

I just want to hear from those of you who own the white iPhone. Do you like it?? Do you like how it looks in and out of cases?? Any major issues?

I am getting an iphone today or tomorrow and I simply can't decide what color!! I had never really considered white until I saw one in person and thought they actually kind of looked neat. I still don't know if it looks as sleek as the black though??

I am a girl, if that makes a difference, so I am not worried if people think white is girly. I just want it to be cool!

So- are you happy with your color choice??
this is from personal experience..but when I was selling my white 3g before getting the 3GS, I noticed there was less white iphones on craigslist, and they were getting higher asking prices..

might help in your decision making process..

dccorona

macrumors 68020
Jun 12, 2008
if your gonna use a case, it generally wont matter, though as far as ive been able to tell, opaque cases look better with black (unless theyre a white or some very light color, such as baby blue) and transluscent cases seem to generally look better on white (specifically, the griffin frame case, now that it has colors, looks amazing with the white iphone)

i am very happy with my white iPhone, although I must say, when my dad brought his new iPhone home yesterday (his company finally supports them), I got awfully jealous of the black. Of course, if I had the black and he had the white, im sure id still be feeling jealous haha.

I think next time I get an iPhone swapped out for a defect (hopefully never, but there always seems to be an issue eventually), I may see if they'll give me black

JUSTQUAN

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2009
man that white looks slick in my gold case. but white and black looks good due to the fact i like the design of the phone. the solid color with a good clear coat such as the iphones all look good to me. i know its off topic i bet you guys they will have more colors next iphone. i will take a pic of my phone in the case and edit my post so you can see what it looks like.

crhudy1985

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2009
I love my white phone. But it was never a question with me. Almost all of my phones have been white. One of my coworkers has a black 3g and I think the scratches are more easy to see on the black. Although I have always had a case on mine so I haven't actually seen a scratched white iPhone. Also the obvious fingerprints on the black back would drive me nuts. It is why I have an antiglare screen protector. Fingerprints are so annoying.

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
Question to the OP, can people who are not White post their comments on this thread? LOL:D