White iPhone Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sicdeath, Jul 15, 2013.

1. sicdeath macrumors member

Long story short, my iPhone 4s power/stand by button went faulty on its own. This problem tends to happen to many iPhones shortly after the 1 year warranty is over. So I bought myself another power button from ebay and proceeded to change it myself. The Power Button Proximity Light Sensor Flex Cable was what had gone bad. This resulted in the power button being stuck and would not work. So I changed it successfully. When I put the battery back and turned the phone on, the white screen appeared. I only see a white screen, no logos or anything. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I don't want to go to apple and pay $149 to get my phone replaced with a refurbished one when I can just pay $199 to get a brand new iPhone 5 from my carrier.

2. zmagik macrumors regular

3. sicdeath thread starter macrumors member

It does. It recognizes it fine. I can see the serial number and IMEI as well.

4. hockeyman94 macrumors regular

Try holding the power & home-button for 15 seconds the let go of the home-button this should reset the screen if that doesn't work then in a long shot a restore might work if not you need to replace the screen.

5. ross1998 macrumors 6502a

Open your iPhone up agian and check the flex cable going from screen to motherboard, it could be half disconnected, or damaged

6. Merkie macrumors 68020

This. The flex cable is very easy to damage.

7. sicdeath thread starter macrumors member

The screen is still white but when the phone turns on, I can use siri, if i connect charger, it vibrates, so i guess the screen is the issue here. I was very careful while taking it apart. I doubt i damaged the flex cable.