White iPhone- sell out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MAClover143, Jul 9, 2008.

1. MAClover143 macrumors member

Hey guys,

I was planning on going to an Apple store around 10am on friday but now I am nervous that the white will sell out. It's not a huge Apple store (Walt Whitman) but I can go to a bigger one (Roosevelt) if that one won't sell out. I can also change plans to go earlier.

Thoughts/advice?

2. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Since no one really knows how many iphones places are getting period, not to mention what size and color, the rule of thumb is the earlier you get there, the more likely you'll get your preference.

3. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Your best bet if you are worried is to go earlier. Your chances will be about equal wherever you go, since Apple will probably supply a proportionate number of phones to each store as to that store's typical customers/day rate. You could go to a bigger store with more phones, but that store will have about the same percentage of people looking for the white ones as would your smaller more local store. If you want a better chance then go early or wait until the 12th and go in the morning, but won't have to worry as much about lines.

4. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

I think since people have seen the real-life photos of the black iPhone, the white has gone up, dramatically, in popularity.

I know I for one was set on black, until yesterday.

I will now be hunting down white.

Will it sell out? - Definitely,
    When? - I give it over the weekend

R-Fly