White iPhone Sensor?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nlc, Sep 25, 2012.

1. nlc macrumors newbie

Was looking at my iPhone today and noticed a circle at the left end of the earpiece that is slightly transparent (not the black one on the left, this one is at the end of the earpiece cutout). Is this normal? Thanks!

2. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

Is there any way you can take a pic of it somehow?

3. thatisme macrumors 6502

thatisme

If I am seeing on mine what you are seeing on yours, it is a shadow of the cutout in the glass. It almost has the appearance of being embossed. If you hold the phone under light and move it around, the embossing moves, showing that it is just how the light is interacting with the cutout.

4. nlc thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow, you're right. Was looking at it under dim lighting and now that I have bright light on it see its a shadow. If I angle the other side just right it looks like a transparent circle too. Thanks, that was tripping me out, thought I had a mutant phone lol.

5. MattBookBower macrumors member

Pretty sure that's the sensor for when you're on the phone that tells it to turn the screen off?

You mean the little black dot next to the left of the earpiece?

6. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

It's this reflection in the white iphone that makes applying screen protectors such a bastard!

7. TheDLade macrumors member

That's why I don't like white iPhones, it looks a bit cheap and fake like there is white cardboard under glass