White iPhones without cases?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by boobie12, Oct 5, 2013.

1. boobie12 macrumors 6502

For anybody who has a white iPhone without a case, does it still look as new as the day you have it or are the edges filled with dirt, lint or anything else. I wanna keep my phone caseless(just came from a black 5) but I don't want the edges to dirty up.

2. hansonjohn590 macrumors 6502

Mine still looks perfect. Using the white/silver 5S. On occasion a single smudge will come from a sweaty hand, wipes right off.

3. boobie12 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea mines looks good now to. But I mean people who had there's for months. I.e iPhone 5 and 4s owners. I love the clean look of the white and just don't want it getting dirty. But I hate cases.

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

Having looked at abused iphone 5 models in an AT&T store before the launch, the challenge isn't keeping spooge off the phone, its preventing scuffs and scratches. The silver/white should be less susceptible, but consider putting a clear protector or skin on the back.

Main reason I use a case though is to make the phone less "slick" and reduce the chances of a drop. I prefer thin cases, though, and understand they provide reduced protection if it does fall. Can't stand the big thick bulky cases.

5. boobie12 thread starter macrumors 6502

Any clear screen protectors you prefer? And yea I'm using the apple case. Love it but once in a while I'd rather have a nice naked phone. Like my 5.

6. deeddawg macrumors 604

I really like the Green Onions Supply Oleophobic screen protector I bought locally at Microcenter. Better than the SPIGEN/SGP and PowerSupport ones I've had on previous iDevices.

For the back, I've not yet researched them but did see someone say they're happy with one from BestScreensEver.com. I've used BSE in years past and they make good stuff, however its the wet apply vinyl stuff which sucks for the screen but is good for the back of a device. It's kept the back of my ipad3 looking brand new so far.

7. boobie12 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the input. I'll be sure to go to walmart to check it out

8. deeddawg macrumors 604

FYI, the GSO package may say iphone5 but it worked perfectly on my 5s

9. wxman2003 Suspended

I use a case which are minimal. Currently using the Luvvitt Clearview Clear case and it add very little weight or bulk. Plus it is not a fingerprint magnet and is not slippery. I also use the Apple black case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

I clean my phone about once every 1 or 2 weeks, so mine is always clean. MINT to be precise. :p

11. boobie12 thread starter macrumors 6502

What do you use to clean it?

12. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

The thing is, the only thing I clean on my phones is finger prints and lint. So I only use water and sometimes I might dab my finger in soap and water (to get that squeaky sound clean) and then towel dry. Nothing else. Looks mint/like new.

13. boobie12 thread starter macrumors 6502

Which iPhone do you have? And how long?

14. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

I have the old iphone 5. Age: since launch day of sept 2012. A tad over a year old.

15. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

I have never seen one of the old white ones, where the white is covered by glass discolor or look imperfect. Goes for iPads as well. 2, 2.5 year old defices as bright and brilliant next to brand new,

The new white plastic not clad in Glass 5C.... That may be a different matter.

16. danilko1 macrumors 6502a

danilko1

There has been mentioning of a skin you can get, that looks like the color of your phone (iPhone 5/5S) and I think that would be better than a clear skin.

17. Fattytail macrumors 6502a

I had a white iPhone 5 and I just put on a Caudabe Veil in frost. I could barely tell it was on there. Perfect for the white iPhones IMO.

http://www.caudabe.com/products/the-veil-frost

18. boobie12 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah that's good to know. My brother has a dirt look in the corners. That's just what I don't want.

----------

Will check this out, thanks

19. elistan macrumors 6502a

I have a 2 year old white 4S that's never been in a case, and it looks factory-new.

20. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

I had a 4S that I had for a year without a case and had no issues. I ordered a 5S in white/silver and will not be using a case either.

21. boobie12 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks everyone for the replies gives me more confidence in knowing it won't look dirty without a case.

22. nuarichard macrumors member

Is that the only clear case you've tried for the iphone 5/5s? How about the power support air jacket?

23. Jason1978 macrumors regular

I have an almost mint iPhone 5 silver. Had it for 3 months, take great care of it, in case 95% of the time. There are little tiny pinhole nicks on it. About 3 of them, don't even know how they got there, hardly noticeable but still. Unless you are extremely extremely careful then dont use one but I definitely recommend one.

24. StevenT42 macrumors 6502

I also use the Luvvitt case. It allows the color to show through nicely.

25. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

Very nice case. Is it hard or soft? Just good for scratches, or is it good for impact protection too?