White nationalist Richard Spencer to headline 'White Lives Matter' protest in Texas

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Oh gee I wonder what could go wrong here...

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...lives-matter-protest-in-texas/article/2631411

Just curious what exactly the Liberal anti-white agenda is? And I ask this as someone who is not a Liberal and have never voted for one in my life. Perhaps someone can explain to me how Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer and other Liberals are anti-white?

2. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Thanks for the link. Its interesting that the news story said the anti-protesters shouted down and forced out right to unite organizer trying to speak to reporters. Looking at the video one of them at least pushed him almost toppling him over. The anti-protesters don't look so docile to me.

3. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Yeah, who are those people to be mad? I mean why would tensions running high in Charlottesville? And to hold a press conference outside knowing tensions are high? As say opposed to one in a controlled safe space? Oh wait, not as much attention then. Well, he got his attention. Who'd a thought people would be mad though? o_O

4. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

So your condoning the violence just because their mad? What happened to the right to assemble and protest?

5. localoid, Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017

localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Funny how times change... If I'd have asked people in my parent's generation "Who'd like to punch a Nazi in the face?" I'd wager I'd have gotten a lot of takers.

6. JayMysterio, Aug 13, 2017

JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

No, I'm condemning intentionally poking the bear, and crying because you got growled at.

7. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Apparently the anti-protesters poked the bear and got more than they bargained for. It's not good for the anti-protesters to incite violence or escalate the violence by pushing the protest organizer around.

8. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

Can't wait for the street-fighting. That's what passes for political discourse now.

9. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

Here you go

10. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Won't someone think of those poor poor Nazis?!?!111

The veteran journalist, most recently as global news anchor for Yahoo News, quoted one white nationalist as saying, “This makes me feel like going home and putting my robe on.” To which she added, “And I don’t think he’s a judge.”

http://www.thewrap.com/charlottesville-protesters-douse-journalists-urine-katie-couric-reports/

11. skinsone macrumors regular

I like Katie and she is a homegrown Virginia gal, UVA alumni. The UVA breast cancer center is named after her sister, Emily Couric. She was covering the rally and two of her people were sprayed with urine.

12. elistan macrumors 6502a

Reminds me of classic grade-school bully behavior. Be a real **** to others then run off crying 'they're mean to me!' when somebody stands up to them.

13. Peace, Aug 13, 2017

Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Those people. The Nazi people . Need to be run out of town using the very same means that said Nazi''s intimidate people with on a daily basis.

Cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

There is no place for that kind in America.

Period.

Or to quote a real american : Retired WW2 veteran and longest serving congrassman John Dingell

I signed up to fight Nazis 73 years ago and I'll do it again if I have to. Hatred, bigotry, & fascism should have no place in this country.

https://twitter.com/JohnDingell/status/896415573604790272?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/john-dingell-congress-world-war-ii-fight-nazis-again_us_59910f5be4b08a24727558d6
    '

14. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Oh, so your condoning violence? So what defines a "Real American?" So if your not a WWII veteran your not a real American? I don"t like or care for neo-nazi's or the anti-protesters for that matter.

15. blackfox, Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017

blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

First of all - what is a anti-protester? It would be a counter-protester. Secondly, there is a Constitutional right to assemble and spout all manner of nonsense - As there is a right to assemble against such. Not a fan of giving in to violence, however...still, someone has to give these guys a dictionary or thesaurus - because not inviting Liberals doesn't mean what you think it means ...

16. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Oh, so your condoning violence? So what defines a "Real American?" So if your not a WWII veteran your not a real American? I don"t like or care for neo-nazi's or the anti-protesters for that matter.

17. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I condone defending the principles of our country.

The alt-right/Nazi movement has no place in this country.

18. darksithpro macrumors 6502

Never understood the Nazi in America thing. We're a land of immigrants. If people wanted real racial purity in North America they would give it back to the Native Americans, the ones the colonials conquered and put on reservations. Even Mexico is not pure. The Spaniards, during the colonial New Spain era, who are as white as the Brits and the Germans came in and mixed with the natives, thus Mexicans.

19. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

start @2:07

20. weckart macrumors 601

This isn't a free speech or democracy issue. The nazis don't believe in free speech, democracy for all or the rights of non-whites to even exist.

21. nia820 macrumors 68020

nia820

Is there anything to suggest White lives don't matter? They're not the ones getting jailed and shot.

If George Zimmerman would have shot a white boy, you can bet your ass George would be sitting in a jail cell right now.

The Australian woman who got shot in Minnesota got national outrage and the head of police resigned. That never happens when a black person gets shot.

Whites are less likely to get convicted of a crime than blacks and Hispanics.

It would seem white lives matter very much.

What these Nazis are really angry about is their white privilege. White privilege has been dwindling over the years due to the growing minority population.

They should change the protest to "White privilege matters ".

Because thats what they are really whining about.

22. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

It’s really bizarre that we are hearing the word ‘Nazi’ about as much as it was said in the 1940’s.

23. DearthnVader macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

Even these neo-nazi and white nationalist have the right to protest. We have to take the bad with the good, and in this case, the awful.

24. weckart macrumors 601

We don't when they sport swastikas and bear clothing and slogans praising Adolf Hitler. Those who learn nothing from history are doomed to repeat it.

25. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

That was appalling. It is not the way forward. They should have let the idiot speak so the press could make mincemeat of him. We risk turning an argument into a battle. Nobody wins battles.