white ones have to be defective.. not all but more then black

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tjespo22, Jul 29, 2008.

1. tjespo22 macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

or maybe i just have bad luck. i had a black one, it was perfect, i decided i really wanted a white one. got it, the chrome bezel didnt line up at all but everything else was fine, took that one back then while at the apple store he handed me 3 different white replacements and they all had the bezel problem. i chose the best one cause the guy was getting a little pissed off. now i come to realize that the sleep button doesent feel right, its not sticking out enough. my friend who bought his white one in manhattan has no problems at all. im thinking of just going there and trying to get it replaced again. any ideas for me?
    thanks
    tom

2. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

3. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Suggestions? I think you shouldn't be so picky, if every iPhone was guaranteed to be perfect it would cost $1000 or more. My white isn't 100% perfect, but it's probably as good as it's gonna get for only costing 300$ (even then it's actually 500 since AT&T pays the subsidy.)

4. tjespo22 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

its not about being picky, i want my 300 product to be how its supposed to be! my first one was fine, this one feels like the lock button is almost stuck in and also the edges are off.

5. Spongey817 macrumors regular

6. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Keep taking it back till u get the one u want. Test everything in store. Case, all switches, look for light leaks, negative black issue, etc........

7. tjespo22 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

alright.
    thanks

8. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

Mine too. Well, not 100% flawless, but I would say 97%, which is close enough for me. Sorry you've had so many problems.

9. muldul macrumors 6502

You should demeaned 100% satisfaction from your product and if you don't get then you have the right to ask for a replacement, i know what you mean, i feel embarrassed when I'm in a store and the guy is getting pissed, but you have to keep pushing. Keep getting replacements until you feel that you have a good, solid one.

10. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

yep