White or Black iPhone 5.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by famerdave, Sep 14, 2012.

1. famerdave macrumors member

I really want my phone to feel new, and I'm worried about the new white iPhone 5 having the same color antenna band as this iPhone 4S. Has it been confirmed if its the same, or could it be some shades different?

I am buying the iPhone 5 regardless, but I'm just debating on what color to get.

2. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

color is completely 100% subjective. but the good news is you will have 30 days to turn back time and switch color choice if your not satisfied.

3. pragmatous macrumors 65816

4. CoolBradG macrumors regular

I'm kind of regretting getting another black one now. The more I look at the white it seems so sexy. :(

5. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

I love the black, but I think I'm going to go white this time around. Just to change it up a bit.

6. alexander25 macrumors regular

i always wanted a black iPhone without a silver band (i was very close to buying a black bezel off ebay for the iPhone 4). my wishes were granted

7. Mortalias macrumors 6502

Mortalias

Yeah, I've had a black one for 2 years so I figured it was time to try the white one. So I preordered the white one before my mind tried to change me again :p

8. 2IS macrumors 68030

Before seeing the pictures I was considering white because I've always had black, but I think the black aluminum backing looks WAY better than the white one so I stuck with black once more.

9. WindWaker macrumors regular

The White iPhone 5's antenna bands are white, which makes it look a LOT better (IMO). I went with the white one, mainly because my past 3 phones were black-- wanted to switch it up. If you go to the area where you can see all the iPhone 5 photos, you can see two all-around renders of the white and black ones. This is what pushed me over the edge on the white-- it just looks so awesome.

Can't go wrong either way, though-- they're both really, really good looking phones.

10. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Why does anyone care what someone else likes, orders or cares about?

11. mrcalabash macrumors member

One person's opinion. Pogue of the NY Times: "The band around the edges is still silver on the white iPhone — but on the black model, it’s black with a gleaming, reflective bezel. It looks awesome."

http://pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/12/the-iphone-5-my-first-impressions/

I have a black bezel iPad. I've heard complaints that the white bezel doesn't disappear in the dark and makes you feel you're watching a movie with a distracting border.

12. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

The white looks awesome. But I'm currently using a white iPhone 4 and every time I see a black 4/4s with the silver band I wished I would've got a black one. I feel like they look more sleek. So as somebody else said, it's very subjective. Both look great. Having said that, to give a little insight as somebody using a white 4, I dislike the way it looks when the screen is powered off. I prefer how the screen blends in better with the black. Also with the letterbox feature I think the white may be a bit distracting. But most apps will eventually update so just at first this may be annoying.

13. 2IS macrumors 68030

This is a discussion forum and we are having a discussion. Not a difficult concept.

14. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

15. Sgt93 macrumors 6502

Sgt93

I was planning on a white phone this time until I saw the new black and I was sold. You can't go wrong with either color.

16. drewfus macrumors 6502

drewfus

Up until the 4S, all my iPhones had been black. I got a white 4S last year, and really like it a lot, but with the new design, something about the black/slate phone is just so damned aesthetically appealing to me. Suffice it to say, I went back to black this time around.

17. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

They should put up a gallery for the iPhones' on Apple's website.

18. netdoc66 macrumors regular

netdoc66

19. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I have a white 4S but went with the black i5 this time.
    The black band with the black metal back and front just looks really slick.
    Also dirt and dust shows more on a white phone.
    When I take it out of the case I have to clean it with a towel and then use a toothpick or something small to get the dirt buildup around the glasses edges.

20. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

White is for girls so I will be getting the black.

21. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

There we go again:D

22. MOKHAN macrumors 6502

Haha, it seems that way doesn't it.

23. famerdave thread starter macrumors member

I think I'm going Black this time. The reflective bezel looks better, the back that is aluminum looks better. The phone looks better. But will wait for the 21st, where I can see them in person to decide.

24. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

Which color do you REALLY want? Make that decision and then order it up.

25. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I never understand the white is for females reference. I have an alpine white BMW and it gets a lot of looks. Also have white desks, lamp, and chairs at home. Those that think otherwise need to first see a psychologist and get themselves checked out.

Anywayyyy, I will be going with black most likely. Earlier this week, I decided on white because of that shine on the bezel. However, after looking at live pics, the black looks a lot sleeker with the black reflective bezel border and the subdued aluminum back. Gives it the stealth look..........LIKE BATMAN!!! Sorry had to go there.