White pixel on black border near the right of isight

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by yourdream, Oct 25, 2008.

1. yourdream macrumors regular

I see a small dot that appears to be a dead pixel I think. This is on the black border near the right of the isight. I was wondering if anyone has this as well. Weird.

2. drew0020 macrumors 68000

drew0020

it's not a dead pixel but a spot in the black paint. I don't think they painted it correctly. Annoying but it's not as bad as a dead pixel on the screen. I had this problem with my first MacBook but I also had dead pixels so I returned it.

3. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

yes, there are no pixels in the border. that's why it's called a border. it could also be a piece of dust.

4. yourdream thread starter macrumors regular

Well, it wasn't there before. It's almost in the screen but still in the black border. It's a tiny white dot.

5. yourdream thread starter macrumors regular

I think I said it wrong, I actually mean black bezel, the one surrounding the middle screen.

6. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

then I'd say it's definitely dust. if it really bugs you, you could, at your own risk, close the lid and tip the computer so that the isight faces down, then lightly tap on the edge of the lid with your knuckle a few times, with the hopes of knocking whatever it is out of your line of sight. it's worked for me before with many things that have a piece of dust behind glass.

7. drew0020 macrumors 68000

drew0020

it was probably there before but it's only noticeable in the sunlight. At least that's how mine was. if it bothers you that much return it. Just realize you might get something worse.

I've said it plenty of times. Apple quality control on these laptops is awful! This is an easily recognizable defect.

8. yourdream thread starter macrumors regular

I will just keep it. It doesn't really bother me that much. I hope they won't occur in the middle of the screen or anywhere else.

9. drew0020 macrumors 68000

drew0020

If you made a thread about it I'm sure it bothers you. If you are certain it wasn't there before it could be a bigger problem. Dust should not get behind the screen during use.

Otherwise keep an eye on it and bring to apple if more dust etc gets in there. Good luck!

10. yourdream thread starter macrumors regular

I bought this from the Apple Store Online. If there was any problem, I could exchange this in person at an Apple Store right?

11. drew0020 macrumors 68000

drew0020

just bring it back. Apple has great service.