White San Francisco State University Student Beat Up By Racists For Dreadlocks

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Mar 29, 2016.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

2. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Unacceptable; however, IMO white people look really stupid in dreads. But not as stupid as that douche in the trench coat and Kid n Play haircut.

3. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

hair looks like crap, no matter the color, not my cup of tea, I never could handle long hair
    --- Post Merged, Mar 29, 2016 ---

4. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

God, what an annoying grimy little white punk. Where are BLM when you really need them?

5. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

He wasn’t beat up, but she was very lame for that. Such a clown.

6. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

she touched him, poor guy almost ended up in ICU after that assault :p

7. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

The guy seems too cool to go the “she assaulted me!” route. I was just making the point that he wasn’t beaten up. I emailed Bonita Tindle and told her she’s a racist clown for her lame actions.

8. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Ugh, why do you Gentile circumcise your baby boys? That's MY culture's thing!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :p

9. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

looks better, nice & clean, that said I did not do it to my son, figured it should be a choice for him to make.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 29, 2016 ---
    she is stupid but she is also cute. I'd tap that :D

10. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Does this mean that African American women who have their hair straightened is white culture appropriation?

11. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

No. It's only one way :p

12. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I think he needs a meeting with both a shower and a razor.

13. Meister Suspended

Meister

Filthy hippy is harrassed by looney bitch. And thanks to technology we can all bare witness to these most glorious moments of mankind.

Soon in 4k.

14. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I think this "confrontation" looks like it was totally fabricated.

Its supposed to be security-camera footage. Yet both the audio and video are remarkably clear. You can hear, clearly, every word and nuance in the exchange. This "security camera" footage is posted to YouTube. And, as the LA Times points out:

I think you are confusing an art project with a news story.

15. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I'm not sure where you are getting that it is supposed to be security camera footage, watching it and the article both make it clear that it was someone with a camera who was recording it.

That said, the people confronting him are clearly idiots, possibly he was an idiot too, it didn't look like he was trying too hard to deescalate things.

16. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I'm looking at the video accompanying the KTLA story.

If someone "just happened" to record this spontaneous confrontation, they would have to be about 8 feet tall, holding a switched on high-definition camera and a boom mike in the hallway where it occurred.

Sorry, but this story screams b/s. I don't know what the motivation or purpose of it is supposed to be. The people doing this are obviously acting. Listen to when the guy in the interview uses the term - twice - "colored community". An obvious, anachronistic and racist term. He's using that term for effect.

As I said, its an art or social science project.

17. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

The guy recording it is probably standing on stairs. And it is the same video as in the OP where the girl asks why the guy with the camera is filming it, and neither the video nor the article claims it is from a security camera.

Obviously with the video we don't have enough context to know who actually started the confrontation, but the girl certainly is an idiot. It's just a question of if the guy is to.

18. unlinked macrumors 6502a

You can see a handrail in the video so it is filmed by someone a couple of steps higher on a stairs.
    The video is 480p on Youtube. That is pretty low def even for a phone camera.

19. Meister Suspended

Meister

Your source does not support any of your claims.

20. 617aircav Suspended

Personally I would have thrown her to the ground for blocking my way.

21. vrDrew macrumors 65816

The acting is dreadful.

Look at how the guy waves his hands and head around. Watch as the people walking past in the background purposely don't look at what is going on. They make momentary eye-contact with the camera (and presumably the director, who's just told them what to do) - but not at what is going on right in front of them. Its not like they don't see it. Its like they've been coached to ignore it. Directed to "act naturally" - they act completely unnaturally. Because if you or I saw two people scuffling in a hallway, we'd pause to figure out what was going on.

Listen to the audio. Thats not the way a spontaneous recording in a university hallway sounds if you "just happen" to turn on your cellphone. There is no background noise.

You can believe whatever you want. But that confrontation was staged. To make what point - I don't know.

22. Qbnkelt macrumors 65816

Qbnkelt

Well damn if it's cultural appropriation then does that mean I can't wear the beautiful linen tunics and pants suits I got in India? Oh wait them Dame Judi Dench should not wear her Indian inspired clothes? Oh wait so I can't wear my American Indian silver jewelry I got in Arizona?
    Come on. That woman is ridiculous.

23. 617aircav Suspended

Is the school investigation into the incident part of the act too?

24. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I think there are more than a few people who are falling for an April Fool's prank.

Look "cultural appropriation" might possibly be a thing. But asking me to believe that any human being would instigate that confrontation over that guy's haircut is ridiculous. Is there some widespread opposition on the part of African-American university students or faculty to white students wearing ratty looking hair?

No. There is not. I think African-American students and faculty might well take offense at "pimp n' ho" themed frat parties. But that guy's haircut? Give me a break.

You are being played for fools. Because the big thing nowadays is white people believing they are the real victims of racism. And you are sucking this up because its what you want to believe.

25. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

The person filming is on the stairs, you see a few people walking up and down them.