White Vs. Black iPhones - Whats the difference in material?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Caps4Cup, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Caps4Cup, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012

Caps4Cup macrumors newbie

I heard there was a difference in the material of the white iphone back vs. the black backing? Is this true, and if so, which looks better on the eye to you personally?

Im ordering tonight and basically need your opinions... which color looks better?

TYPO: Sorry about that... WHITE or BLACK?

Thanks!

2. PrinceNic macrumors newbie

Go with the white one, black looks ugly as sin. It doesn't even look black, it looks navy.

3. Dennis187 macrumors regular

Dennis187

4. MR1324 macrumors 6502

5. Caps4Cup thread starter macrumors newbie

From Apple website "The back of iPhone 5 is made of anodized 6000 series aluminum — the same material used in Apple notebooks — with inlays along the top and bottom made of ceramic glass (on the white and silver model) or pigmented glass (on the black and slate model)."

6. acarney macrumors 6502

I have no idea what the ceramic glass is... Unless its their white paint treated glass like from the 4S. Anyway, I love the white look but the textured look on that black on the back and especially around the edges of the phone looks BEAUTIFUL! I'm so torn which to go for...

7. Caps4Cup thread starter macrumors newbie

Exactly. I'm split but leaning towards white because of the fact that I'll likely use a case.

8. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

9. acarney macrumors 6502

You might also think about if this phone will be used for navigation in a car or just sit in a window/dash mount. Black gets hot in the sun A LOT more.... I've got vents right near where my phone is but without that in the summer the phone almost gets to the over heat point even if normal AC is used in the car...

10. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

White seems to be a problem. Read an article earlier today, about a similar delay like Apple experienced last year. Therefore if you have no problem with a delay, it will likely become available sometime around May 2013.

Sorry I didn't capture the URL, I'm on my iPhone.

11. acarney macrumors 6502

I haven't seen any news to this & if it's the same method as the iPad & iPhone 4/4S there isn't any reason for a delay...

12. Caps4Cup thread starter macrumors newbie

Why would there be a delay?

Either way... still undecided. I have white now but cant tell which looks better for the 5.