White Vs Black?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tander, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Tander macrumors 6502a

Tander

Hey all.

So, I am getting an iPhone 4s 32GB model 1st of August with my upgrade. The only thing I can't decide is: Do i get a white one or a black one?

Will white show more dirt and become 'dull' over time?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

This has been asked a gazillion times. Only you can answer this question since its purely personal preference. Most put the phone in a case so that covers up the color mostly as well.

Buy the color that you like the best.

3. Tander thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tander

My question really is - will white fade over time?

4. cperchard macrumors 6502a

I don't personally know cos have only ever owned black.....but i would imagine with a white phone you would see dirt more.....but you may see scratches less easier.....so pros and cons......

But personally i would wait 2 months and get the next iPhone....you've waited 2 years, may as well wait 2 more months :)

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No, it won't fade, but like any white product, dirt will show up more visibly then the black model.

6. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

I have a black 4S and Black iPad3. Next time around I'll get white. It's all personal preference though.

7. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

There is glass over both faces so the question about whether one gets dirtier is irrelevant. Wipe them off w/ a microfiber cloth & they'll both look like you had just walked out of the store with it.

8. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

9. KJmoon117 macrumors 6502a

I don't like how the white models sometimes develop this yellowish tint to them. Maybe it's been fixed by now but that's one reason why I dislike the white models.

Also, I like how on the black models the proximity sensors don't show. Looks classier.

But this is ALL personal preference. Go to the Apple Store and take a look yourself.

10. musty345 macrumors regular

musty345

I find the white ones look a bit girly, but then sometimes I think they look really clean and pure.

Anyway, I always go for black because it's the safest option; if you like white but are not sure you can always get a black iPhone and buy a white case :)

11. Tander thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tander

South Africa won't see the iPhone 5 until December at the earliest. So I will skip the iPhone 5 and just get the iPhone 4s - it wild o me fine for the next two years.

Thanks guys

12. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

PLEASE...PLEASE...MAKE IT STOP!!!!:eek:

Attached Files:

13. Tea-Aholic macrumors 6502

They both look great. However, I got black for the following reasons:

1. You can see the sensor (proximity/light) and camera more visibly on the white while it's more hidden on the black.

2. When the screen is on, the black hides the border of the display so it looks like edge-to-edge glass on the screen.

3. The black won't show dirt. There is plastic between then glass and the steel band that wraps around the screen. This can get dirty.

HOWEVER, the white WILL NOT become yellow overtime as it's behind glass.
    Also, the black shows more fingerprints more easily.

14. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

I have to wonder how many people actually search the forums before opening a new thread.
    You know, just to see if their question has already been answered.

15. R1PPER macrumors 6502

My vote is Black iphone and white ipad. Or you could alternate every time a new model comes out. My white ipad looks like it did on day one if that helps and the white ipad doesn't show finger smudges like the black one.

16. Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

People here seem to get upset if you say that White is girly, but it is. It really is.

17. taipan61 macrumors 6502

yep, but it looks really cool in a medical environment

18. coolhands macrumors regular

I think white looks way better IMO...but I have a black 4s...

19. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I see a lot of guys that have a white iPhone. So really it doesn't really matter what color you choose. I used to have a black iPhone 4 but switched to a White iPhone 4S. Black does look more professional than the white. But only you can decide what color you like and what suits for you.

20. RocketRed macrumors 6502a

21. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

Not sure about it becoming dull, but take into account that the white ipone is a tad thicker then the black one.

9.3mm vs 9.7mm

22. JMG macrumors 6502a

JMG

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1341341417.945544.jpg

White because it looks really nice without a case.

23. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

The white looks good. I have the Black 4 [not 4s], but when the next iPhone is released I'll check out the white.

24. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

My opinion on it is... who ever thought a white cell phone looked good? I personally don't see why all these cell phone companies have to make a white product along with black???

25. JMG macrumors 6502a

JMG

Apparently the millions of customers who bought white thinks they look good and the designers just guessed correctly. What's the big deal anyway? No on eis forcing you to buy or even like white.