Whitesplaining white privilege!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, May 25, 2017.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

wonder if SJW are going to be triggered if they watch this.

2. imhereareyou macrumors regular

imhereareyou

3. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Is that Ari? Saving a spot so I can listen at home.

4. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Watch at home

5. imhereareyou macrumors regular

imhereareyou

I have 2 kids, and tons of things to do, never any time to get online, its kind of a bummer.

6. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Oh good god... Discrimination and bias can be demonstrated through statistics for race, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic class, attractiveness, etc. Individual perceptions are irrelevant, other than if a person actually feels discrimination, then the statistical bias is probably very strong.

7. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Watch on your phone when you're "dropping the kids at the pool".

8. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

...So this isn't about the white guy who complained on twitter about the one female only screening of Wonder Woman?

9. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

What an idiotic video that has literally zero to do with "white privilege" other than using the term over and over again.

10. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Why don't you explain it to us then?

11. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

Easy. It’s the level of societal advantage that comes with being seen as the norm in the USA, automatically conferred irrespective of wealth, gender, or other factors.

Examples: Black children comprise 18 percent of preschool enrollment but are given nearly nearly 50 percent of all out-of-school suspensions. Job applicants with white-sounding names are 50 percent more likely to get called in for an interview. Black defendants are at least 30 percent more likely to be imprisoned than white defendants for the same crime.

12. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

And how do we make it all fair? What's the solution? I want to do my part to end white privilege.

13. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

"Making it all fair" isn't the goal - that is an impossible goal. The goal is slowly stomping out the implicit bias through education over many generations. It starts as follows:

(1) Acknowledge that it's real; and (2) learn more about implicit bias, including taking an implicit bias test of your own to learn about which implicit biases you have.

14. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Love how the introduction page to thoses test has a trigger warning on it. I'm taking every single one of those tests over the next few days.

15. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I'll take the test.

Just wondering...do people in china have Asian guilt? Or Japan. What about the implicit biases that may exist among those in the Sudan. Is the Arab Guilt in Iraq? Or is race guilt reserved just for white people?

16. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Do what all the liberal elites do: quit your job, make sure a black woman gets it and give up your home to a family of refugees from the ME.
    --- Post Merged, May 30, 2017 ---
    Uh its called WHITE guilt for a reason...:p

17. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

Everyone has implicit biases of various degrees and influences.
    Please do. I just took the skin tone one, and it showed I have a slight preference for white people over black people.

18. Huntn, May 30, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

You posted this. What is your position on this, White privaledge exists yes or no?
    I think the interviewer did a poor job questioning what these people meant. My impression is the people interviewed were saying yes there is prejudice and by virtue of being white I don't feel victimized by prejudice. Getting preferential treatment or discriminated against, based on ethnic groups is very real.

19. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I have been pretty lucky living in CA and happy to say I don't think it's as bad as many SJW pretend it is.

20. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I took the gay test. I have no preference. Aren't I the enlightened one?
    IMG_0028.PNG

I took a test similar to this a few years ago. Let me try it again now......

"Is white privilege total bull crap....."

IMG_0032.GIF

Wow. It's still accurate.

21. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Which is based on your perception of things for you. I'm sure others can unhappily say things are as bad as they say it is for them.

Ultimately that's always been the issue with the discussion on 'white privilege', because those that benefit from it are often incapable of seeing such things, even when it's spelled out in front of them. People seem to have a hard time believing that an application can be 'set aside' merely because the name on it sounds to ethnic, not based on qualifications. Such things do exist, but since they don't affect some, they don't believe it can exist.

22. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

LOL. @jkcerda, you can't determine if things are good or not. You can't determine if white privilege is real (even though you aren't white). Only a child lodge professor or a random internet occupant can tell you if you benifit from white privilege.
    It's going to take generations? Holy crap. We better get crackin'. There has to be more I can do now though. How can I fix my whiteness? I just can't take it.

23. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Far too many minorities have a victim mentality. It's someone else's fault they are in predicament "x" :rolleyes:

24. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

I think most can tell when they benefit from white privilege. They just don't like it being referred to that by others, because they feel it cheapens their accomplishments. You don't need an outside source to tell you that, you know. You may not acknowledge it, but you know, and then get defensive about it. That's okay though, because they never have a problem thanking a higher power for all they have and they'd be nothing without it.
    And others don't. Thinking the likes of Ben Carson, Morgan Freeman, and other successful minorities. They like to believe they are solely responsible for their success.

25. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Guess black priveledge is real if they are not responsible for their success.......