Who’s getting the LTE just for the double storage and ceramic back?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by betabeta, Sep 15, 2017.

1. betabeta macrumors 6502a

If you always have your phone I can understand not wanting to pay the extra 70 or so, but if you think about it, even if you never activate LTE, you’re getting a ceramic back and double the storage.

plus it cones with the cool new nylon sports loop.

For me the ceramic back and double the storage from 8 to 16gb is well worth the extra money.

2. Breezygirl macrumors 6502a

Breezygirl

I might, haven’t decided yet.

3. richard371 macrumors 68020

And it "should" have the ability to make 911 calls say if your on a run wo your phone or swimming near the beach and get sucked out a bit.

4. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

I plan to. Currently using the S0 sport, looking to upgrade to Hermés S3.

5. jwlbel macrumors regular

I am buying the LTE version because I want the new nylon loop band. (the Non-LTE do not come with that band option) I don't need another black sports band. I was going to buy a non-LTE and buy a new band separately for $50. So if I do that, there is only a $20 difference between the 2. So it is worth it for the extra storage and better back.

6. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

This is why I bought the LTE version. I have no intention of ever activating it but I had to buy it for the better quality watch.

7. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I'm getting the LTE because it will make my life easier. And that new sports loop is freaking awesome!

8. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I At least like the idea that you don't have to activate LTE if you don't want to, even if that means you had to spend more money for the premium watch you wanted. But I see your point.

9. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

Can you buy the Cellular version and never setup/pay the monthly fee for it? I really want the stainless but don’t want cellular on the watch...

10. Breezygirl macrumors 6502a

Breezygirl

Yes, you can skip that part of the setup and do it later if you choose or never.

11. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

So without setting up the cellular part it would just work the same as the GPS only and not cost anything monthly?

I wish I knew that yesterday morning!

12. Breezygirl macrumors 6502a

Breezygirl

Yes.