Who are the first to get Snow Leopard (Up-to-Daters/Pre-orderers/Stores)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by maclook, Aug 22, 2009.

1. maclook macrumors 65816

I put my order in for Snow Leopard recently as part of the Up-to-Date program. I'm wondering if there is a set priority for who gets it first. Up-to-Daters seem important since Apple has given us the guarantee the we will be able to run Snow Leopard with our new machines, pre-orderers also seem important since they paid already, and the Apple stores obviously need some in stock.

This is all irrelevant if Apple has sufficient supply and can satisfy the demand. I think I'm just getting excited about getting my copy and hoping that I don't have to wait weeks after release to get mine in the mail.

2. 007bond macrumors 6502a

007bond

if im not mistaken, they ship out before or on the release date for up-to-date. you shouldnt get it more than a few days after release at the most

3. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

I pre order mines 1 week ago and am not in a hurry to update , when snowleopard comes out it will have plenty of bugs to be worked on during the first month. am waiting 30 days when snow leopard comes out before i install it

4. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502

the beta testers like me get it first... I already have it muahahahaha [​IMG]

5. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

lol true, same here ;)

6. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

7. ButtUglyJeff macrumors 6502a

ButtUglyJeff

If you want it on the release day, then go to the store. People who are updating can buy the disc, and leave. And if you buy a machine, that day, then you will most likely get an update disc with your new Mac.

8. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

I just checked my status on my up to date disk and it ships by Friday.

9. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Preorders from Apple.com have it delivered on the release date.