Who bought a new Mac Comp within the first week of release and has had minor problems

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kvtp, Jan 13, 2010.

1. kvtp macrumors newbie

^^ What the title says.

I had so many problems with the white Macbook and Blackbooks when they came out 4(5?) yrs ago, and when my third blackbook broke on me I switched to dell.

But I went out on a limb and got a 13 inch 2.53ghz MBP about 4 months ago and absolutely love it, my only concerns are that there might be some significant upgrades soon when it comes to processors or graphics card.

So yeah, is it true the first batch of new products usually have the most problems? I'd hate to sell this mbp that has had virtually 0 problems(knock on wood) just to buy a newer better one at the same price only to fail on me constantly

experiences please!

2. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

First iMac, fine. Few years later, the motherboard died.
    First iBook, fine. CD Drive cover under 1 year applecare. Inverted board dead after a few years.
    2002 TiBook, 1Ghz, still running but hinged is screwed after 4 years. Superdrive doesn't burn.
    2004 AlBook 1.5Ghz, still running but hard drive making cracking noise.
    2006 MBP 17", still running but dead pixle, and usb ports going bad. Superdrive does not burn.
    2008 MBP 17", everything run but has the Nvidia 8600GT that suppose to die soon. Applecared extended to 3 years.
    2008 Macbook Air, hinge dided, cover by applecare.

Overall, great.

3. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

I had a few issues with the first 17" MacBook Pro (The original Core Duo model).

The Numlock LED would stay on regardless of if the button was pressed or not. The battery exploded open, the screen developed a 'blotch' inside it on the left side (which I couldn't remove lol) the gasket around the edge never quite fitted correctly and the case never really closed evenly.

These are all just minor issues though the system itself worked fine and still does to this day.

I had a first generation G4 iBook 12" which had some issues aswell. The logic board had to be completely replaced by Apple and then they sent it back to me with a broken airport card and I had to send the entire thing back again. The power brick that came with it frayed at the point it connects to the Notebook. This happened twice throughout the life of the iBook (I had to replace the power brick twice because of that).

The Powerbook I got a few years later had a much more sturdier power connector they had put more plastic around the connector so that it was much less prone to fraying.

The current MacBook Pro I have (17" Unibody) has been my best Apple notebook yet. No issues at all the build quality is amazing, it closes evenly all the connectors work I've even got it working with the Mini-Display Port to Dual-Link DVI adapter without any issues at all on a 30" screen. I'd say generally that Apples QC has improved based solely on my own experiences.