Who brings along your iPhone and iPod wherever you go?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gershon, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Gershon macrumors member

Gershon

I personally have 5GB of music on my iPhone 3G 16GB and my 8GB 1st gen iPod Touch. Although the iPhone is an excellent iPod substitute, I have the tendency to use my iPod Touch for music and games, even though my iPhone shares the same music and applications.

Who here does the same?;)

2. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

I do similar

Use the iPhone for most things, but when I am in the car i use my iPod Touch, because the iPhone doesn't charge in the car

Occasionally use the Touch also when listening to music in the house

3. hojoon0724 macrumors regular

Wait... is that really necessary?
    BTW, I gave away my ipod classic and now I'm planning to ditch my ipod nano.
    I only kept it for the nike+ stuff. But the 3GS is now compatible YAY!!:D:D

4. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

That's exactly what I do when I go out in my own car. It has an Apple iPod adapter. I usually connect my iPod touch to it instead of my iPhone because (1) the adapter is in the glove box, and (2) it does not charge the iPhone.

5. iphoneftw macrumors 6502

iphone for world
    ipod touch for bed
    very nice combo

6. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Nano for the car, iPhone everywhere else.

7. jimmy83 macrumors 65816

iphone for world
    iphone for bed

:cool:

8. nfl46 macrumors 603

Exactly, lol.

9. Zazoh macrumors 6502a

Zazoh

Nope, who needs more gadgets in life, got iPhone sold iPod touch for $150 us.

10. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I bring both my 160GB iPod or 120GB iPod with my 32GB iPhone.

Why?

MY Pioneer DVD player worked with my iPod Classics by playing the music and videos on the screen of the DVD player. It plugs in in the glove box so I just leave the iPod in there. I put the car in the garage so I'm not worried about a break in.

11. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

iPhone for the world
    iPhone for the bed, bathroom, breakfast/dinner table,
    weekends spent with relatives and future in laws, car trips, workout room, office
    this toy is getting it's fair amour of use.

12. iHateMacs macrumors 6502a

iHateMacs

I loved the idea of an iPod Touch, but could never really justify buying one. It wouldn't have been worth getting one for the few times I could actually use it.

The iPhone has been great in this respect. I take it EVERYWHERE. I take it to bed, I take it to the bathroom. I am not a heavy user, but just having it with me, knowing I am able to stay in touch with the world be it via email, web, sms or plain old speech.

Wouldn't ever see a need to take both (if I had both). What is the point. What does the Ipod do that the iphone doesn't?

13. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

I only take my iPhone. I listen to a lot of podcast/audiobooks so if i start listening on an iPod then later on switch to the iPhone it is annoying to find the place i was up to.

It is just so convenient to just take one device.

14. Hunts121 macrumors regular

Hunts121

the iPhone is the only thing I take with me when I leave the house and thats precisely the reason I got it. I can keep in touch with everyone in every way possible other than face to face haha. It's my iPod, my phone and camera (so long as I know I won't need exceptional pics...otherwise the DSLR comes too heh). Sold the iPod touch when my verizon contract was up and bought an iphone with what I got (came out 35 bucks ahead actually). :D

15. jaycebeasley macrumors newbie

jaycebeasley

Hold 120GB of media.

16. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Yeah, but the OP was talking about carrying an iPhone and an iPod touch. That doesn't make sense to me, but whatever.

WHen I had a 16GB iPhone 3G, I used to take my iPod along a lot. Now, though, I leave it at home; ~25GB of music is enough for my purposes the vast majority of the time.

17. ineedamac macrumors 6502

I carry my iPhone wherever I go. I am suprised how many people do not have a phone that can pull up sports scores or the weather or the latest news. I am asked all the time about those things.

18. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

Charge in the car, if Apple hadn't changed the charging in the new models i would have got rid of my touch ages ago

also if i do use the iphone via my car transmitter, it gives awful gsm buzz (or whatever the word is for it) as well as not charging

19. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

I have a 8GB iPhone with like 6GB of music on it, something like that but it's just a backup.

I always take my iPod Video, space for everything and this way the battery lasts longer on my phone.

20. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

A Shuffle for the gym and iPhone for everything else.

It's crazy how much I now use the iPhone (even using the Fireflies app for the crickets peaceful sound FX while we sleep).

21. Maverick713 macrumors 6502

huh? you don't have a car charger?

22. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

If you like the ambient sound apps, check out Easy Relax. It's my favorite of that ilk. They also have Lite and Ultimate versions, but the regular, at $.99 is great for my needs.

23. Maverick713 macrumors 6502

I don't think anything was changed

I have used the same adapter for charging and there has been no change from the first gen to the 3g s

24. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    I use my 5G iPod in the car, since I've got an Alpine head unit with an iPod connection -- and my iPhone everywhere else. My iPhone lives in my left pocket and is readily at hand.

25. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

You are mistaken. Here, lemme explain to you exactly what people are talking about:

The first generation iPhone could charge over a USB connection OR a FireWire connection. Your charging cord is probably USB so you never noticed a difference because both iPhones are compatible with USB charging. However, when the iPhone 3G came out, Apple removed the FireWire charging capabilities from it so people who were using FireWire cords in their cars can no longer charge their iPhone 3G with it.

This is why even some speaker accessories will not charge the iPhone... they use the FireWire interface instead of USB 2.0.