who came here just because of the iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ert3, Feb 26, 2008.

1. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

who started comming here just because of their iPhone?

2. Carnivor macrumors regular

Carnivor

I did!! and the iphone took me down the path of binning windows and moving across to osx with a nice macbook! So i could be here a while.

3. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

I did, because I had a nice creative labs player and no need for an ipod, and I absolutely hate apple computers/operating systems.

4. jeffmc macrumors 6502

the better question is, who started coming here just cause they broke their iPhone trying to unlock it and now wants to complain about it until someone helps them fix it?

5. KhuntienNang macrumors member

me! haha. i didnt come because i broke it though.
    i had been checking out this site to read up on how to unlock an iphone. im here more on tips and questions. but if i need really urgent help (like there was one time i broke my iphone), i would go to mirc to get instant live help.

6. westernmass macrumors 6502

westernmass

Me. Came here the day after getting the iPhone and have not yet given up on the PC. Come the end of the year it is safe to say there will be a Apple of some sort in the house other then the Ipod, iPhone and some fruit. :)

Oh did not come after breaking and actually never once thought about jailbreaking it.

7. aerospace macrumors 6502a

If I wasn't such a cheap sob I'm buy a macbook. Will stick with my toshiba until it gives and then take the plunge.

8. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

:D

Either that or the ever-popular "I just bought my <insert product here> and Apple updated it to something better for the same price. Should I start a grassroots campaign to get a free upgrade or rebate?" :rolleyes:

I'm actually the exact opposite. I bought my MB, was so smitten with it and OSX that I decided to take the plunge on the iPhone. :cool:

9. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Same with me...

I bought my MacBook and started searching the forums, with the hope of buying an iPhone. Though, I've been a Mac owner since the '80's, I definitely depended on my own experiences, the local Comp USA, and the Scholar's Workstation at UC Berkeley. I have no idea how I made it! :cool:

10. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I came here because of my iPhone. I bought the iPhone on July 6. A week later, I bought a MacBook Pro to sync with my iPhone.

I was so impressed with the quality of the iPhone that I had to give it a friend to play with. When I came here or one other site, asking a questions about the MBP, they would ask what my uses for it would be. I never replied with those because I didn't want to tell them it would be for use with my iPhone. Now I don't care who I tell that too, the pair go good together.

11. ehoez macrumors member

12. Whorehay macrumors 6502a

Whorehay

13. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

I started with my iPhone, now I own a MBP and I'm more swayed by the Apple Lifestyle ( Fanboy ) I guess.

14. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

I came here for the objective opinions on Apple and the mature way that the denizens always express themselves.

15. zetsurin macrumors regular

I did. Although I do own other Apple gear I generally don't enjoy discussing them or Apple topics all that much. Basically I go to the forums for news on iPhone firmware exploits and applications people have written.

16. sneeks macrumors 6502a

Yeah the iPhone is to blame for me joining here. This place helped to satisfy my iPhone cravings prior to the UK release. :)

17. Carnivor macrumors regular

Carnivor

Aint that the Truth!

18. ~*allison*~ macrumors regular

Actually was thinking about getting a Macbook or some other Mac OSX device, so I was cruising around looking for information. And since an iPhone was already in play, I figured why not? This is one of the better Mac/iPhone forums I came across, so I decided to stay. What can I say? You're all stuck with me now! Hah! :D;)

19. BIrwin49 macrumors member

I did, but I've been wanting to get a Macbook

20. eBay macrumors member

I did as well. Dont currently own an iphone, just 2 more weeks until my Sprint contract is up then ill get one for sure::D

21. DuFFy macrumors regular

I came here to keep up on iPhone news until i got one then continued once i did. I must say i have fallen for Apple products but I am a poor college student who cant afford to buy a new computer so no mb or mbp, imacs for me anytime soon :(

22. robertatwb macrumors member

robertatwb

I did! I have been an Apple convert for about 2 years but it was the iphone that brought me to MR in earnest. I have been lurking off/on since last year but visiting these threads is now an addiction...

23. CaptTrousers macrumors newbie

:raises hand:

I'll probably get an imac in the next 2 years as well.

:apple:

24. cupofjoe macrumors regular

I've been lurking with my Macbook, but I joined and started posting when I got my iPhone. >.<

I <3 Apple. :apple:

25. USMCSSGT macrumors member

USMCSSGT

I did too. I wanted to learn all I can about my new toy:apple: