Who can give me precise size of an iPhone 4??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pelesit, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Pelesit macrumors newbie

Hey Guys,

first of all sorry for my english, I'm italian, and it's easier to speak in a good way, then to write right. I hope you can understand what I need....

So:

I want to design an iPhone 4 Skin with the Zagg tool. I do that with photoshop.

The problem I haw now is: I dont have my iP4 now, because selling starts here in 1 or 2 weeks, but I need the correct position of the Apple Logo and the iPhone font on the bottom of the Back side.

Here a pic of what i need:

1.jpg

That would be the hight, width and position (x centimeters from the left side and y from the top) of the Logo an the "iPhone" text.

Could someone be so nice and mesure that for me?? This would be really nice.

Here a link to the designer: http://www.zagg.com/personalize/designer/index.php

I think i only need the distance from the beginning of the glas surface, so the steal bracle not included.

Thanks for your help!

Attached Files:

2. CalMin macrumors 6502a

CalMin

3. Pelesit thread starter macrumors newbie

I know that they make the invisible shields, but i want to design an own skin, an the Logo should be some kind of "center" of the style i wnat to put onto it.

Its good to have the Phone its self, but now I need the position of the brand and the "iPhone".
    Thy to you.

Maybe somone could measure it for me.

4. Pelesit thread starter macrumors newbie

Could this be rioght like this?

apple.png

PLS help me...

5. Buddhaluver macrumors regular

Buddhaluver

I guess no one wants to take out their phone and measure? Sorry if I had mine I would help you.

6. violaguy5 macrumors member

those measurements look just about right. But I'm measuring 29 cm instead of 26.5 from the bottom to the word "iPhone".

edit: I just noticed some other measurements were off. Have you opened the cad file yet?

7. Pelesit thread starter macrumors newbie

I checked the cad file. But I dont have AutoCad an in 2D it doesnt look to percise.

Have you also checked the other things? Is there somethin different?

8. Stay Tuned macrumors member

If you're good enough in Photoshop to make a cover, why not import the picture of the phone and then scale it to the correct size and get your measurement off of that? Thats how I created the logo and the text on the 3D model I linked you too.

Give me a few minutes and I'll make up a drawing in SolidWorks for you.

9. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

10. Pelesit thread starter macrumors newbie

Ohh, thank you!!

You measure always from the absolut end of the phone, so I need to take 0,6mm of to have it from the glass surface?

11. Stay Tuned macrumors member

Exactly. All measurements are from the absolute end of the phone (stainless steel band).

By the way that drawing was made from the model I linked to earlier.

If you want a free 2D Autocad like program, check out draftsight.com

12. Pelesit thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok thx.

Sry for the comment bevore, but as a pdf it looks not as good as here...

Thank you very much. I think until now, I have enough data!