Who can support this idiot???

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by poloponies, Aug 18, 2017.

1. poloponies macrumors 68030

2. Zenithal Suspended

When people ask "Why would anyone want to teach history?" I'll point to POTUS. I'm not one to curse much as I find the act disgusting when overdone, but anytime he's wrong with history, there is an audible F bomb in the form of a "What the **** did he just say?" from me. I don't claim to be an expert in history, but I know ******** when I hear it.

I don't even think it's revisionist history. It seems more and more he reads a few sentences on Wikipedia and then blurts what he thinks he read. Yeesh. :eek:

3. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

4. samcraig macrumors P6

There are people on this forum that support him. And defend him to no end.

5. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

Not really.
    That slippery slope is getting greased up already.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/08/16/jackson-washington-park-protest-presidents-slave-owners/

There are already calls for statues of Washington and Jefferson to me removed.
    https://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/...-removal-of-washington-and-jefferson-statues/

http://www.dailywire.com/news/19891/vice-editor-lets-get-rid-mount-rushmore-hank-berrien

6. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

Seeing more of this in my RSS alerts ... NY, Chicago, etc.... Mob Rule 2017 :(

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

hence the reason we need 30 rd mags :eek:

8. samcraig macrumors P6

All I will add to the statue issue is that if you need statues to learn about history - you're teaching it wrong.

9. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

Like someone said, it is a slippery slope. Now we are seeing requests for roads, parks, places, etc...
    Everyone needs to take a step back, a couple of deep breathes, and make some non-emotional decision.

10. samcraig macrumors P6

I don't disagree. I just disagree with what some of the responses I've read (not just here, but in news).

11. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

Welcome to the New United States of America.
    Home of the "where everyone, everything, historically, visually, behaviorally, thoughtfully the same.
    AllEqual.jpg

12. Huntn, Aug 18, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I love it (not really) when he comments on something that he professes a lot of people don't know this, when in actuality someone just whispered a fast fact in his ear, and he had no clue 30 min prior. :oops:
    --- Post Merged, Aug 18, 2017 ---
    And it's voter failure. All you had to do was pay casual attention to Supreme Leader to know something was rotten in Denmark*

* Apologies to Denmark.

13. samcraig macrumors P6

And when he tweets out crap that is so off the chart wrong about history or frames it wrong. He's a cautionary tale.

14. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

We have arrived at a new equilibrium in which both the interior members of his staff, the actual federal bureaucracy, the US Congress, the US public, the global public, and global leaders all basically understand the president is fundamentally a bu!!******* and you just shouldn't listen to what he says.

Staffers quitting, being fired, whole departments quitting, the EPA is smuggling research docs out so the head of the EPA can't have them destroyed, this is madness.

35% of the people would rather the country burn than admit to a facebook acquaintance that they voted for a fool.

15. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

I'd wager a bet that is a photo of Hong Kong though… I recognise those aircon units — and the washing hanging outside at 50 floors up. ;)

16. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

I've heard emergency rooms are getting an alarming amount of people showing up with mental gymnastics injuries.

17. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Probably prefer pig soaked bullets over droning for 8 years straight.

18. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

Do we have actual Psych ER's?

Maybe not ....
    Oops.jpg

19. citizenzen macrumors 65816

And to a point, I'll agree with you. A Supreme Court nominee was at stake, and there was still some hope that trump could pivot into a presidential mode. If I was a Republican, I'd probably have voted for him myself.

But over the course of seven months, we've seen time and time again that there won't be a pivot. Trump is exactly what we feared he would be, and there is no hope of that changing. So for anybody to support him today means that they value, or at the very least tolerate having a bigoted, ignorant, intemperate egotist in charge of this country.

And that is what makes his current supporters idiots ... or worse.

20. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Why do you say this, hopefully not to makes excuses for the dredges of our society?

21. HEK, Aug 18, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017

HEK Suspended

HEK

The idea that Repulicans and Democrats were not serving the people for last 25 years is quite compelling. The electorate was desperate, looking for an outsider. An alternative that would truly represent the non rich, wage starved, health care challenged, job lost masses.

Unfortunately for the country and people it turns out it's not the Donald. Some saw this prior to the election. Enough others decided to ignore the warning signs and throw the dice, hoping. Or voted strictly as a protest.

So here we are, an arrogant ego inflated goofball for president with no real chance to bring effective change. The one silver lining might be the Dems and Repubs realize they need to start working together and actually try to get something done. Only slight hope I still have that something good might come out of this mess.

It is sad that just like a person dying of cancer will buy some snake oil being as desperate as they are. Voters were equally desperate to seek some way they would be represented. The regular politicians, for most part, had abandoned them for the rich. They got flim flammed by a consummate carnival barkster.

22. LordVic macrumors 601

really?

since this weekend, I've used the ignore feature on anyone who showed sympathy to the Nazis... and amazingly, I now somehow have no more Trump supporters show up in PRSI!

23. StarShot macrumors 6502

StarShot

Well, you could make a case that Hillary enabled Trump by running a very poor campaign.

24. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

So...you have a rich, white, privileged kid who grows up with a sense of self-importance. He runs for President because of his ego. Yet, unexpectedly, he has no concept of the regular world that the rest of us live in? Shocking! He's not a Republican or a Democrat - he's a crass opportunist, because his privilege allows him to get away with it...who should support him? - Well, I'd like to think no-one. Nevertheless, two camps: Desperate people who are prone to Populist rhetoric, and Rich/Corporations who will take advantage of his ineptitude to their own ends.

25. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

Liberals should not start patting each other on the back just yet, we're not even a year in.

Keep on throwing your temper tantrums, and telling yourself," I'm still with her", but when you wake up in the morning for the next 1251 days, Donald J. Trump will still be President of the United States of America.

Really, you need to pace yourselves.