Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macdude2010

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 17, 2010
The Apple Store
Who cannot wait until the day that the invites go out, then about a week of speculation on what the invite means? The fall (especially the week between the invite and the event) is always so exciting. In anticipation for the invite, I made a mockup, tell me what you think!

Attachments

• MacRumors new iPhone.png
    MacRumors new iPhone.png
    887.4 KB · Views: 378
  • Apple New Invite.png
    Apple New Invite.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 236

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
Its more like everyone thinking they work at Apple and then a crap ton of people start moaning when Apple introduces something.

Happens every year.

Its pretty fun to read through all of them when your bored (esp the past ones).

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
Looks cool I think,
And somewhat what apple would do, but maybe without the phone icon and only the calendar icon (imo).

Darryjr

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2013
New York
The future looks bleak and disappointing , the future is calling and saying "go with android, nothing innovative here"

John Adams

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2012
Fort Worth, TX USA
The future looks bleak and disappointing , the future is calling and saying "go with android, nothing innovative here"

You know I moved from Android to Apple and although I love my iPhone there are many things I miss about Android. Kinda like when I went from owning pickup trucks for years and bought a car recently. And I'll stick with Apple now because I like their products and love how my three devices are sort of one and the same.

That said, Apple is always 2-3 years behind Android. I wouldn't even have bothered upgrading to a 5 except it was FINALLY 4G LTE, eighteen months late!

90% of the changes in IOS7 is just Apple paying catchup. They're getting killed by Samsung right now and they know it. Anyone see recent articles in The Wall Street Journal and USA Today? Hopefully they'll get away from this "one phone fits all" mentality and start making a variety of iPhones for a variety of people. Millions of people buy Samsung and others because they want a bigger phone! Make a bigger phone, Apple, dammit!!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
That iPhone 4S invite is looking ugly now! The Calendar icon looks awful.
Yeah...it's got like a day and date on it, instead of cool new stuff like...date and day (on just plain blank white background).

Dented

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2009
That said, Apple is always 2-3 years behind Android.

That made me lol. Android phones have only been available for five years in total, and for the first few years (at least) they barely compared to the iPhone in terms of anything really. Yes in the last couple of years they've narrowed the gap, but they haven't "always" been anything but catching up to apple till now.

applelover1016

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2013
You know I moved from Android to Apple and although I love my iPhone there are many things I miss about Android. Kinda like when I went from owning pickup trucks for years and bought a car recently. And I'll stick with Apple now because I like their products and love how my three devices are sort of one and the same.

That said, Apple is always 2-3 years behind Android. I wouldn't even have bothered upgrading to a 5 except it was FINALLY 4G LTE, eighteen months late!

90% of the changes in IOS7 is just Apple paying catchup. They're getting killed by Samsung right now and they know it. Anyone see recent articles in The Wall Street Journal and USA Today? Hopefully they'll get away from this "one phone fits all" mentality and start making a variety of iPhones for a variety of people. Millions of people buy Samsung and others because they want a bigger phone! Make a bigger phone, Apple, dammit!!

What are the major reasons apple is behind? you failed to mention anything but screen size which isn't apple being behind, if that was the case, they wouldn't sell. I'd personally love a larger screen iPhone but saying the screen size is a reason they are behind is not a good arguement i'd rather have great battery life than a larger screen if apple wants to keep the same size phone but add a larger screen, their battery tech has to come up as well. Personally I don't think android is better than ios or vice versa. They do what they are meant to do well. Android is the essence of customization and personalization, while iOS is the essence of the average user and a great overall experience. Both have their weaknesses, But, I think each are great and appeal to different people

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
Has any android phone outsold any iphone to date? Just being realistic, but the demise of the iPhone is I think premature. Afaik the iPhone is still the best selling smartphone ever.

jigzaw

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2012
Let me guess... it's gonna be the biggest thing to happen to iPhone since iPhone. My 4S is getting kinda slow and I'm dying to be done with 3G so I'm gonna get it.

mcrto

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
Yeah...it's got like a day and date on it, instead of cool new stuff like...date and day (on just plain blank white background).
From a design perspective the shadows are strange. It always has looked ugly and now more so than ever. Just my opinion, wasn't comparing it to ios 7 version, that looks a little strange itself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.