Who can't wait to see this? [Event Invitations]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Macdude2010, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Macdude2010 macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

Who cannot wait until the day that the invites go out, then about a week of speculation on what the invite means? The fall (especially the week between the invite and the event) is always so exciting. In anticipation for the invite, I made a mockup, tell me what you think!

Attached Files:

2. irDigital0l Guest

Its more like everyone thinking they work at Apple and then a crap ton of people start moaning when Apple introduces something.

Happens every year.

Its pretty fun to read through all of them when your bored (esp the past ones).

3. Tankmaze macrumors 68000

Tankmaze

Looks cool I think,
    And somewhat what apple would do, but maybe without the phone icon and only the calendar icon (imo).

4. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I beg to differ....

iPhone 4S invite:

[​IMG]

5. Macdude2010 thread starter macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

I did get inspired by that, but I think that one of the big things they will be talking about is iOS 7

6. Darryjr macrumors regular

Darryjr

The future looks bleak and disappointing , the future is calling and saying "go with android, nothing innovative here"

7. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

lol no

8. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

iOS 7 has been already introduced to the public during this year's WWDC.

so unless they wish to repeat themselves like an old record, they'll be focusing on the new iPhone.

9. skywalkerr69 macrumors 6502a

skywalkerr69

10. John Adams macrumors regular

You know I moved from Android to Apple and although I love my iPhone there are many things I miss about Android. Kinda like when I went from owning pickup trucks for years and bought a car recently. And I'll stick with Apple now because I like their products and love how my three devices are sort of one and the same.

That said, Apple is always 2-3 years behind Android. I wouldn't even have bothered upgrading to a 5 except it was FINALLY 4G LTE, eighteen months late!

90% of the changes in IOS7 is just Apple paying catchup. They're getting killed by Samsung right now and they know it. Anyone see recent articles in The Wall Street Journal and USA Today? Hopefully they'll get away from this "one phone fits all" mentality and start making a variety of iPhones for a variety of people. Millions of people buy Samsung and others because they want a bigger phone! Make a bigger phone, Apple, dammit!!

11. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

I can wait I'm more excited for the new macbooks :D

12. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Not just a phone, but an (i)Phone.

13. Cicatrix macrumors 6502

Now, would you like to tell everyone just how in the hell you found out the slogan for the new iphone?

kidding, kidding. lolz

14. mcrto macrumors member

That iPhone 4S invite is looking ugly now! The Calendar icon looks awful.

15. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yeah...it's got like a day and date on it, instead of cool new stuff like...date and day (on just plain blank white background).

16. g0odfr1end102 macrumors 6502

g0odfr1end102

17. Dented macrumors 6502a

That made me lol. Android phones have only been available for five years in total, and for the first few years (at least) they barely compared to the iPhone in terms of anything really. Yes in the last couple of years they've narrowed the gap, but they haven't "always" been anything but catching up to apple till now.

18. applelover1016 macrumors regular

applelover1016

What are the major reasons apple is behind? you failed to mention anything but screen size which isn't apple being behind, if that was the case, they wouldn't sell. I'd personally love a larger screen iPhone but saying the screen size is a reason they are behind is not a good arguement i'd rather have great battery life than a larger screen if apple wants to keep the same size phone but add a larger screen, their battery tech has to come up as well. Personally I don't think android is better than ios or vice versa. They do what they are meant to do well. Android is the essence of customization and personalization, while iOS is the essence of the average user and a great overall experience. Both have their weaknesses, But, I think each are great and appeal to different people

19. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

Has any android phone outsold any iphone to date? Just being realistic, but the demise of the iPhone is I think premature. Afaik the iPhone is still the best selling smartphone ever.

20. narutoninjakid macrumors 6502

Lol android for phones and iOS for MP3's and tablets.

21. jigzaw macrumors 6502

Let me guess... it's gonna be the biggest thing to happen to iPhone since iPhone. My 4S is getting kinda slow and I'm dying to be done with 3G so I'm gonna get it.

22. mcrto macrumors member

From a design perspective the shadows are strange. It always has looked ugly and now more so than ever. Just my opinion, wasn't comparing it to ios 7 version, that looks a little strange itself.

23. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

All this event will speak of is the same iPhone 5 you see now, but with an S beside it. No thrill whatsoever. You might as well hibernate through Sept. 2014.

24. batting1000 macrumors 604