Who do you believe (not hope) will win the election?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by WarHeadz, Oct 28, 2016.

?

Who do you think will win the election?

1. Hillary Clinton

61 vote(s)
    76.3%
  2. Donald Trump

19 vote(s)
    23.8%
  1. WarHeadz, Oct 28, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2016

WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

With 11 days to go and some big headlines in the news today, who do you honestly believe the winner of this election will be and why?

2. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Everyone too depressed to give a flying fish...

ElevenMoreDaysOfThis.jpg

Edit: ok i'll go first. Clinton will win. Because, Trump.

3. 5684697 Suspended

Doesn't matter - Sweet Meteor of Death invalidates us all. Permanently.

4. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I almost bought one of those shirts one day...

5. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

6. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

I don't think this forum is a good source for this type of polling. It's a product based forum who's catch phrase is think differently. Not that it's a bad thing but there is a certain type of personality tied to users of these products.

Go to a hunting or fishing forum and ask the same question, you'll get one sided results the other way.

7. unlinked macrumors 6502a

Things seem to be narrowing slightly but atm I'd go with Hillary,Hillary,Hillary,Hillary,Donald.

8. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

Oh and Trump. Living in Pa and listening to media talk about Pa, there are opposing results. The media will tell you Pa is an undecided state and leans democratic for presidential elections. Drive through Pa and you will see 10-1 signs for Trump, including the "Voter-Rich" Philadelphia suburbs they always reference and I happen to reside.

Being an outdoor person, fishing in Jersey almost every week and just returning from a trip to upper NY state, the sign numbers are similar in those states to Pa. Combine this with MANY FB and Twitter posts I am seeing lately, MANY people are questioning the polling as well compared to what they see in their state.

I personally think Trump is going to win handily. It is a vote to say that the people still run this government.

9. appleisking macrumors 6502a

Polls are statistically and scientifically conducted. Your sightings and especially social media posts on the other hand are hardly a representative sample of the country or even the state.

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

11. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

I thought the Jedi Mind Trick thing had to be done in person....I apologize oh great one for listening and seeing individuals support in person, here forward I will only listen to polling outlets who can hand pick who they poll.

12. appleisking macrumors 6502a

Once again using your personal experiences in lieu of statistical evidence. I learned not to do that in high school.

13. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

I don't know anymore.

More like a vote to show how gullible Americans really are, with the Trump family laughing all the way to the bank.

14. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

I see it the exact opposite, just replace the name.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 28, 2016 ---
    You might want to sue your high school.

15. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

There's about a zero percent chance of a third option winning. Their best case scenario is to pull off a state or two from Trump, McMullin probably stands a good chance in Utah, but to have a third party win by sending the election to the house they'd have to draw from Clinton too, Stein is the only one that could do that but she isn't doing too well in any states.

I'm pretty sure Clinton will win, but it may not be by as much as I'd like to see her win by.

16. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

This sums up my opinion of what is going on with this presidential election perfectly!

17. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

why? I saw the type of people that went out for the big sports not great personalities. big name Sports the biggest waste of school money.

18. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

Huh?

19. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

What you don't see is that they are the same in that regard. The only real difference is that Trump is an egotistical moron on top of all that; he's far too ignorant and emotionally unstable to be President.

20. WarHeadz thread starter macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Trump supporters are really big into signs and bumper stickers, if Trump loses this election I will forever call them the vocal minority. Yeah there's of houses with Trump lawn signs, but there's plenty more without them. I'm voting for Clinton, I have no sign outside my house.

21. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I think Clinton will win simply because of the electoral map is very tough for a decent republican much less one which is causing republicans to vote for democrats! Combine that with extremely low polling with blacks, Hispanics, etc. and who is left to vote for him? Uneducated angry white men? There aren't enough of those to go around.

So you think Trump is going to win Pennsylvania and his home state of NY by the number of lawn signs you saw? Did you count the number of houses where you saw no sign at all? Not to mention all the apartment buildings?

22. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

So a couple of your positions is that if a house or building does not have a sign then it must be a vote for Clinton and only people who vote for Trump place signs.

23. Meister, Oct 28, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2016

Meister Suspended

Meister

You might wanna make acquaintance with the search function of this great forum...

I told you guys in summer last year that Trump would be the republican nominee and win the presidency by a landslide.
    That's when Trump started running and every single poster on this forum was laughing about him.

When Hildabeast and her evil little sidekick hold rallies a few dozen lost souls show up:

[​IMG]

When Trump comes to town he sells out stadiums:

[​IMG]

The only way Donald is gonna lose this is if they rig the voting machines which they likely will.
    And once they do it's pitchforks and torches time.

24. appleisking macrumors 6502a

You trump people don't get it. His supporters are more likely to have signs, larger stadiums, and social media posts because they're raging against the system. Hillary supporters are not railing against the system so they are not as vocal about their support. It doesn't mean they won't turn out to vote though. That's why looking at rallies social media posts and signs isn't accurate. It's a self selection bias. Actually become educated about statistical methods of analyzing data before you claim everything is rigged and then maybe more people will take you seriously.
    No trump people are more likely to have signs that doesn't mean there are more of them
    Typical Trump response. Sue. Not surprised.
    I wonder if you'll have as much bravado when federal troops are outside your door.