Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
Because I'm gonna miss my mophie like crazy once my 5 shows up on Friday. I use my phone ALOT for work almost 2 full charges a day on my 4S so it's convenient to have the mophie and still only have to plug in at night.

This morning at 7am full charge I ran it down to 18% by 4pm mophie charged it back up to 100% and I'm down to like 40% now before I goto bed. Need a battery case! Hopefully mophie designs these things pretty quickly.

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
I'm with you! I've got several for my 4S, because I couldn't decide on one I liked..Now I want one OR MORE for my 5!!!!

wongulous

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2002
I love how they look really a lot like the iPhone.

I hope they step up the next set of designs and use aluminum... I might actually go with one of these versus like an Element case. The extra battery life and protection would be ideal, plus I like my phone to have a little heft to it :)

jennylee

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
iphone

Iphone is really looks good,but it's so expensive that less money to buy it for many people,Sometimes ,Andriod is much cheaper to get .:rolleyes:

kvizzel

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2011
I love how they look really a lot like the iPhone.

I hope they step up the next set of designs and use aluminum... I might actually go with one of these versus like an Element case. The extra battery life and protection would be ideal, plus I like my phone to have a little heft to it :)

that would cost so much, elementcases are already 100+, then a aluminum battery case?

that's like 200-300 $ for a battery case.

wongulous

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2002
that would cost so much, elementcases are already 100+, then a aluminum battery case?

that's like 200-300 $ for a battery case.

Oh that is a bit much. $60-80 for the battery case and the aluminum would be for aesthetics rather than totally for unibody strength so maybe $60-80 more for the aesthetics. I think that would be a sweet spot in price for a new premium battery case. Element case buyers obviously have money and smarts, so they'd rather buy one case than a case every 3-6months. Battery case buyers are similar.

kvizzel

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2011
Oh that is a bit much. $60-80 for the battery case and the aluminum would be for aesthetics rather than totally for unibody strength so maybe $60-80 more for the aesthetics. I think that would be a sweet spot in price for a new premium battery case. Element case buyers obviously have money and smarts, so they'd rather buy one case than a case every 3-6months. Battery case buyers are similar.

yeah, but no company would be willing to sell for that cheap.

Mophie juice packs are like 79-99 and elementcases are around 100.

adding them together would only make sense for 200+

no way in hell would anyone buy that. why even waste the time making one.

jmxp69

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2008
These just dropped $20 at Amazon http://amzn.to/TaRoBh
12000Mah and you can use whatever case you want. For the trade of carrying an additional device, you get more flexibility and it'll work with the iPhone and any other usb device you have. Plus, 2.1a output. This was an easy call for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.