Who doesn’t know what a female is?

Chew Toy McCoy

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 13, 2016
I’m not talking about personal gender identification issues. I’m asking if there is anybody who doesn’t know what a female is until some authority figure lets them know females are mothers, daughters, and wives. I would think everybody knows this by now from the rate they’ve been telling us, or are they just addressing people who are under the age of 3?

It should also be assumed that females are negative controversy magnets because its only in that context that we are reminded what a female is.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
I’m not talking about personal gender identification issues. I’m asking if there is anybody who doesn’t know what a female is until some authority figure lets them know females are mothers, daughters, and wives. I would think everybody knows this by now from the rate they’ve been telling us, or are they just addressing people who are under the age of 3?

It should also be assumed that females are negative controversy magnets because its only in that context that we are reminded what a female is.
Actually, deep down, I suspect that some of these individuals are of the opinion that females are 'things' or, rather, 'objects', (not human, in other words), or, better still, 'possessions'.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Post reported for negative stereotyping of a minority group.
JUST KIDDING
since I am a minority I can't be offensive at all :p
Actually, deep down, I suspect that some of these individuals are of the opinion that females are 'things' or, rather, 'objects', (not human, in other words), or, better still, 'possessions'.
you say that like it's a bad thing............................................

citizenzen

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2010

o_O I have no idea what this means. Can you provide more context to this statement?

Reactions: cfedu

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
I know what females aren't. Draft registrants.
"Draft registrants" or "draft resistant"? I am not sure what you are trying to express with this post.

Now, if it is the latter, I must concur. This is because, personally, I seriously feel the cold. So, yes, I will readily concede that I am not "draft resistant".

Two duvets, and an electric blanket - at maximum setting - are the bare minimum to see me through the winter.......

Last edited:
Reactions: Eraserhead

DrewDaHilp1

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2009
All Your Memes Are Belong to US
"Draft registrants" or "draft resistant"? I am not sure what you are trying to express with this post.

Now, if it is the latter, I must concur. This is because, personally, I seriously feel the cold. So, yes, I will readily concede that I am not "draft resistant".

Two duvets, and an electric blanket - at maximum - are the bare minimum to see me through the winter.......
a person who registers or is registered.
[doublepost=1476737308][/doublepost]
Yeah for a draft that hasn't happened since 1973. :rolleyes:
Every body wants to be equal until it's time to do equality things.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
Every body wants to be equal until it's time to do equality things.
Serious question - do you think women made the decision to not register for the draft? Or was it a bunch of old men? I know that it has been taken to SCOTUS and upheld. Again, probably by men.

Isn't one of the reasons that women can't register is that women weren't allowed in combat roles? Another decision probably not made by a woman.

I, for one, wouldn't be against everyone registering for the draft. But at this point, the whole discussion of an actual draft is probably moot.

DrewDaHilp1

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2009
Serious question - do you think women made the decision to not register for the draft? Or was it a bunch of old men? I know that it has been taken to SCOTUS and upheld. Again, probably by men.

Isn't one of the reasons that women can't register is that women weren't allowed in combat roles? Another decision probably not made by a woman.

I, for one, wouldn't be against everyone registering for the draft. But at this point, the whole discussion of an actual draft is probably moot.
I never seen a woman pick up a picket sign and demand to register for the draft.

Reactions: Snoopy4 and jkcerda

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget

draft should be mandatory, 1-2 years of military service should also be mandatory.
[doublepost=1476737831][/doublepost]
I never seen a woman pick up a picket sign and demand to register for the draft.
plenty of today's women don't even pick up a knife to make a sammich :(

DrewDaHilp1

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2009
You sound like a 3 year old who doesn't like it when it doesn't seem fair in their eyes.
Said all those women with the picket signs demanding "fairness".

[doublepost=1476738106][/doublepost]
You obviously didn't see many of the reactions of college women after 9/11...
Sure didn't. I signed up a few years before that and was overseas already. No draft needed for me.

Reactions: jkcerda

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
Said all those women with the picket signs demanding "fairness".

[doublepost=1476738106][/doublepost]

Sure didn't. I signed up a few years before that and was overseas already. No draft needed for me.
They were protesting some cop saying that rape could be prevented if women didn't dress like they were asking for it. The guy in the photo just whipped his dong out.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
I mean, in the grand scheme of things there are larger, more relevant battles to be fought, don't you think?

Didn't women fight for the right to be in combat? That would be the first step to being able to register for the draft. And again, the decision for women not being allowed to be on the front lines was not made by women.