Who else feels that the iPhone Edition will be more magical than the jump from the 3GS to 4 ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Apr 4, 2017.

?

Will the iPhone 8 be the biggest jump ever for the iPhone ?

1. Yes

47 vote(s)
    47.0%
  2. No

53 vote(s)
    53.0%
  1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

The rumor specs is amazing.
    But I do understand that it would be around $999 and for it being a special edition. It would indeed be Magical.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Specs? Don't you mean rumors?

It will be exciting but it will come and go and we will all be waiting on the next big thing.

3. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

The biggest rumors are the 5.8 OLED display and it's very likely it will cost near $1,000.

The other two models will likely retain the 4.7/5.5 LED model with various improvements.

4. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

My wife and I are looking to get it this time next year. We're going to skip all the lines and the backorders. Our 2 year Apple Upgrade Plan will be done this time next year so we'll trade in our phones and get the 8 if it's available (or just keep our phones for the 8s? or whatever later in the year). We're really happy with our 6s+.

Biggest rumors for me that interest me: wireless charging, OLED screen, and a larger screen on front.

5. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

Perhaps your definition of magical and mine are not the same. I have had every iPhone since the 3GS. None of them ever approached 'magical.'

That being said, wireless charging would be nice, OLED would be nice (if they can limit/eliminate screen burn in), bigger display/less bezels would be nice. None of these features are 'magical.'

6. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I can remember unboxing my very first iPhone, the 3GS . . . it was as close to being "magical" as it gets, for me anyway.

No iPhone has equaled the excitement since then!

7. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

Funny. Our use of the word 'magical' has triggered the Google ad engine to show Disney banner ads.

I would rather pay for this site than view the ads.

8. imanidiot Suspended

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Let's not forget, there will be lots of people complaining about it as well.

10. JM macrumors 6502a

JM

For $1200, it better be "magical", in a "kingdom" all by itself, as the "greatest place on earth".

There. How are the banner ads doing now?

11. JoeyD74 macrumors 6502

Its still a phone, nothing magical about them. Im sure it will be nice though.

12. Gooberton macrumors 65816

I'm in for the editing anything up to 1500.00 for 256 gb version

13. DUIduckSAUCE Suspended

DUIduckSAUCE

The 4 got me to magically give up on blackberry.

14. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

I think it will be very similar. The 5 was more impressive on the inside, the 6 was just plain catch-up, and the 7, well, you know.

15. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

It won't be a biggest jump of the iPhone because some of the rumored additions were on other smartphones long before this.

Oled and wireless charging have been out for 2-3+years now. Yes, new for the iPhone...but not magical.

That boat set sail a while ago...

16. Devyn89 macrumors regular

Devyn89

Honestly I think this thing is overhyped and won't be that good - like I'm sure it will be cool but I feel like people are treating it as the second coming of Christ. It's a phone - it might have some cool new tricks but it's still a phone. Having said all that if I can and I like it enough I'll probably get it but if it's not I'll get this years non-premium model, probably the 4.7" model.

17. JM macrumors 6502a

JM

Amen.

18. bushman4 macrumors 68020

Don't expect to much and you won't be dissapointed!!!!!!
    While the iPhoine8 may have new features. Most likely there will be a bezel not edge to edge.
    2) having Touch ID under the screen is great but if the space is being used by virtual buttons what's the big difference
    3)Wirelesd charging. What's the big deal I might as well carry a lightning charger with me

Enough said
    Hopefully I'm wrong

19. blairian89 macrumors 6502

blairian89

The iPhone 4 was the most magical one to me. It was the first time that there was a big difference in design; it went from plastic and old school to sexy glass.

Good luck topping that one. I really think that it is being over-hyped. I could be wrong, and I usually am, but I just don't see there being a massive change this coming generation. I am truly expecting them to release the iPhone 7S and 7S Plus which might incorporate some of these new features (OLED screen, camera upgrade, wireless charging).

20. kre62 macrumors 68000

I think it would be pretty easy to beat the 3GS -> 4, since that was the least magical "upgrade" in iPhone history. The 4 was recycled 3GS tech (same chips) in a shiny wrapper. Total sucker move on Apples part to sell dog slow tech for an additional year.

21. DUIduckSAUCE Suspended

DUIduckSAUCE

Retina display was hardly recycled. More than doubled the ppi of the 3GS.

22. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

I've always felt the same about the iPhone 4. It was a pretty terrible upgrade from the 3GS. Pretty similar to the upgrade from the original iPhone to the 3G.

23. C DM macrumors Westmere

Pretty sure many found 3G capabilities being worthwhile, just as many found Retina display to be something worthwhile.

24. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

wireless charging
    glass back
    facial scanning/iris
    OLED

guessing will be main selling point.

25. martint235 macrumors regular

martint235

Yep. We're in trouble if it doesn't have a dark mode. The internet will melt!!