Who else in the UK is disappointed with 7-10 days delivery?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aquaboy, Sep 23, 2013.

1. aquaboy macrumors regular

aquaboy

I, like most people, ordered at midnight on the Apple Store App, even before the website was back up and live at just gone midnight.

I have a delivery time of 7 - 10 days. Which means, in my eyes, the UK Online Apple Store had Zero Stock at Launch. Did the UK Online Apple Store have an allocation of stock for launch?? Seems all like America and other countries did... not fair.

Now if my Maths are correct, 7 working days from the 20th Sep is 1st Oct but my email says 7th Oct...
    I wish I could cancel my order, and go into an Apple Store but my closes one is 50miles away, I would take the trip but I would want one reserved for me in advance other wise it's a wasted trip....

Not best please! As my mate Brian would say.... BAD Apple!

2. SamTheeGeek macrumors 6502

SamTheeGeek

What i was told by apple is they always put the delivery and shipping date late to avoid any problems with the customer, its bad i know but you might get it sooner.

Thats what apple rep told me.

Good luck :)

3. aquaboy thread starter macrumors regular

aquaboy

thanks, I really hope so, my cousin has got a 5S already on a contract phone. Seems the Networks get the handsets before people buying direct from Apple do. Life is sooooo unfair at the moment.. :eek:

4. SamTheeGeek macrumors 6502

SamTheeGeek

5. bigscotal macrumors 6502

bigscotal

Yes, I am also hugely disappointed.

As per the thread I started on the evening of the 19th, the store did very very briefly go live sometime between 9 & 10pm, and even then it already quoted the same 7-10 days. There was clearly no chance anybody in the UK was getting an order in for immediate dispatch. I actually managed to get my order in using the App at 11:59 on the 19th, so am hoping I'm fairly well up the order list.

I personally refuse to pay a premium to order through a carrier, and then also have to pay to unlock it at a later date.

I accept that ultimately I knew about the 7-10 day delay when I was hitting the buy button, but that doesn't mean I don't still feel hugely let down by Apple this year.

6. aquaboy thread starter macrumors regular

aquaboy

Couldn't have put it better myself.... Hopefuly the 7-10 day will drop but I'm currently iPhoneless and really miss it lol I'm thinking of putting the apple sticker on the back of my £13 PAYG Nokia phone!

7. bigscotal macrumors 6502

bigscotal

Fingers crossed you are right.

As a loyal Apple customer, it also feels like an extra kick in the proverbials when you are reading of orders placed much later, over the weekend, with the likes of CPW and being received already. Can't blame those that have taken that route, but still just adds to the disappointment.

8. Erurainon macrumors member

Your maths are correct, however if you read it closely it says 7-10 business days. This is 2 working weeks and as such it has been just over 1 day since friday. One you take this into account the dates are correct.

Bearing in mind i will own this phone for a year (and allowing 3 days for deliver and best case dates) i will have it for 355 days compared to 362 days if they did 1-3 days. Not a huge difference in the long run.

9. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

I also waited up for midnight and saw the 7-10 working days so I hit order, then I got dressed, watched some TV and then drove down to my local Apple Store.

I had my iPhone 5s at 08:07 on Friday morning.

I suppose the choice was order online and go to sleep (and wait for October) or spend a few hours in a queue and then have your 5s without any further aggravation ;).

10. aquaboy thread starter macrumors regular

aquaboy

I would go to Sheffield or Leeds tomorrow from Hull but without Guarantee of getting one I don't want to take the risk.
    As for the delivery dates, I think its 7-10 days till dispatch; (1st Oct) then 7 days in transit too delivery date of 7th Oct.
    I just checked over CPW site, they are adding about £50 onto the 16GB and 32GB models but the 64GB is the same price as Apple... go figure!!!!

11. tom. macrumors 6502

tom.

For some. I know people who queued from 1am in London and still didn't get one - sold out.

12. WunDaii macrumors member

Yep, I queued from 2AM in the Watford Apple store queue and didn't get any. I waited for about 6 hours. Scalpers were/are in friggin' full force this year.

13. tim101marsh macrumors newbie

Very Annoyed!

Extremely annoyed!

i work part time in an EE store, where i'm selling gold, silver and grey iphone 5S everyday to people just walking in! Yet, i queued for 12 hours, and ordered online at midnight 20th sept.. yet still don't have my 5S! at midnight tonight it would have been a week since i ordered and yet still 'processing items!'