Who else is a little bummed us iPod touch users didn't get the street view option

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iLoveMyApple, Nov 21, 2008.

1. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

I am! I was actually looking foward to it! Why didn't we get it? :confused::(

2. sharp65 macrumors 6502

Not as much as the street as I am for the public transit/walking directions.

3. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

Yes, the walking directions are great. You iPod touch guys didn't get those?

4. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

5. MacbookAlum1536 macrumors regular

MacbookAlum1536

Yep Totally stinks

I can't believe they're going to charge us more for this and whatever other lame feature in a couple months

Ps: first post

6. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

^ I'm switching over to the iPhone by then. Hehe :D No upgrade money from me!

7. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Yes, I too was greatly surprised, disappointed, and angered.

Watch, I bet it's going to come with iPod touch 2.3, which I predict will be released at MacWorld 2009, and they're going to charge us like $10.
    It may not be worth it if they don't add in copy/past and backgrounds to go with it.

8. semin28 macrumors regular

Get a g1 people. Apple shouldn't even be allow to use google things . They won't let google use multi touch so why should apple be able to use google . Plus street view isn't even good . I tried it on the g1 and it sucked . It's just pointless. Apple isn't playing nice.

9. ddeadserious macrumors 6502a

ddeadserious

Although it'd be a cool thing, it's really not all that practical, nor a big deal. I mean, it's nice to be able to see what where you're going to looks like, but we got along without it just fine before, I'm sure we'll be fine now looking for plain ol' addresses still.

10. MacbookAlum1536 macrumors regular

MacbookAlum1536

I really hope they do include some good features but Apple:apple::( doesnt like to listen

11. Funplex macrumors regular

I am EXTREMELY disappointed in Apple for not including that for us. It would be one of the most useful additions yet.

Another big letdown from apple.

12. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I bought a touch over a year ago for what it could do then, which was pretty cool. Now it can do so much more than I originally bargained for, it doesn't make any sense to me to gripe.

13. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Haha. Yeah.
    I think back about a year and often said, "wow, the 1G iPod touch 1.1 was a complete rip off."
    One of the many reasons that in October of 2007 I chose an 80GB iPod classic over it.

14. A N G E L macrumors member

A N G E L

I was so bummed to find this out yesterday =/

I was in San Antonio last night trying to find the restaurant that my family and I were going to have dinner at, and so I opened Maps and tried to see if I could use street view, but came to macrumors and re-read about the update to find out that it's not available for iPod touch owners. =[

15. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

ok apple charging for things like this sorta justifys *other* methods to get it...

16. laserfox macrumors 6502

laserfox

I agree. BTW isn't anything goggle related is free?

17. macbookairapple macrumors regular

I still have the original ipod touch 8 gb, it does everything it does on the original day and I haven't paid anything else. I guess I should expect Apple to add everything else they've added since I bought it for free. Why oh Apple. :p

18. cakbar macrumors regular

In another thread, a Beta tester noted that there was battery problems (large drain) with the Touch and StreetView, whereas it worked fine with the iPhone. It seems to me that Apple had to leave it out of the current upgrade in order to get the upgrade out quickly to coincide with the release of the Blackberry Storm. I would expect to see Streetview some time in the near future once the battery problems have been rectified.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=604151

19. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

What do you mean Apple shouldn't be allowed to use google things? They have deals with google that allows them to use their products. Where have you been? Google is more than happy that Apple is using their Maps and their search engine.

20. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

well, first off.. if we are walking down the street, what are the chances you have free wifi running around to help you guide your way?!?!?!

so i think its pointless, unless your phone is a wireless modem. but yea street view shouldnt be mandatory for ipod touch's its not like we can use it anyways, unless we are next to wifi spots

21. semin28 macrumors regular

I'm just saying bc apple won't let anyone use multi touch then why should google let them use the search engine, google apps, maps,etc?

22. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I think the reason it was not added is because they would have to charge for it (because of that weird law) on account of it being a new feature. Thus they chose to omit it for the iPod touch. Come January, when we have push notifications and copy and paste (oh please oh please oh please) then you will probably get the chance to upgrade your iPod with those new features.

23. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

24. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

I don't get why they left that off the iPod update. I think it is silly these two products get different updates. I think it sucks I can't use the Nike pedometer with the iPhone. Sorry guys, street view is cool, and so are walking directions.