Who else is disappointed that the new MBP doesn't have the MBA keyboard?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jbg232, Feb 26, 2008.

1. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

I know I am for one!

Man I was looking forward to that sucker. I guess its better for product continuity in the long run, but I figured there could be no way we would get multitouch and not the MBA keyboard. Oh well, that's apple for you.

2. WHM macrumors regular

Very Happy

I am a long time holdout!! Coming from my PowerBook G4 this is going to be sweet... I will update to the 2.6 and install the 4g ram after I get it home. SWEET;)

3. Littlehoof macrumors member

gotta disagree...

I'm delighted we didn't get that tacky black keyboard thrust on the Pro's lol...

I am a tad disappointed tho that the "multi-touch" trackpad isn't larger :(

4. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

Heck I am glad they did not put that keyboard in. I really like the current MBP keyboard, and its good to see that they stuck with it.

5. MooCow macrumors newbie

I like the MB/Air/iMac keyboard much more than the MBP, so count me in. :mad:

6. wildmilne macrumors regular

also in...bought the apple aluminum keyboard like it...found the MBP keyboard to be fatiguing...and im used to pc keyboards.

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

For that matter, I'm kind of surprised the MBP still has a mechanical latch....

8. Schmoe0013 macrumors regular

Schmoe0013

Mag latch would be really nice update. But I cannot agree. I love the MBP keyboard.

Sorry :(

9. bbeers macrumors regular

bbeers

I much prefer the MBP keyboard, and am glad they stayed with it.

10. wgilles macrumors 6502

wgilles

Just picked up my new MBP. I love the new "simplified" keyboard and the new trackpad. Everything is great.

11. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

I am. The 'chiclet' design seems nicer, Im used to both types of keyboards but the one in the MB/MBA is better (IMO). Oooh and the black keys with backlit look soo awesome I wish my MB had that.

Victor

12. Masivemunkey macrumors newbie

I really think the MBA keyboard is for show, its so hard for me to type on. It does look a lot nicer than the MBP keyboard though IMO.

13. aiterum macrumors 6502

aiterum

THANK THE HEAVENS

next there will be a topic about people complaining that Apple let the MBP come with a matte screen option

this is why we can't have nice things

14. Salty Pirate macrumors 6502

Salty Pirate

I am very disappointed...

I loved the MBA trackpad and keyboard plus the overall form factor. The deal killer was the lack of performance and the fans kicking on full bore all the time.

Now, if they ever get a 45 nm chip in that thing.......

15. phoxrenvatio macrumors regular

that's a total bummer, MBP current keyboards are so hard to clean... mine always look so nasty, and if you say "a cover for them will help" well then what's the point of the "Sleek" look?

16. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Yup - i'm a bit bummed! I was hoping for a redesign. I had already sold my macbook so I knew that I was going to buy today, regardless. So rather than buy the top model, i bought the base model, and I ordered 4gigs of RAM from another retailer. I also swapped up for the 7200rpm hard drive. Will most likely eBay it and buy the redesign when that comes out.

17. MagnumJoe macrumors regular

I'm glad Apple stayed with the Slick and Stylish MBP aluminum keyboard vs the black.

18. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Seconded. I didn't like the way the MBA keyboard felt while I was in the Apple store. And I was there for over an hour actually.

I liked the MBP keyboard more.

19. aviationwiz macrumors regular

I'm also glad that they stuck with the tried and true MBP keyboard, heck, I'd have probably bought an old model had they changed to the MB/MBA style keyboard in the MBP.

20. raja79 macrumors newbie

There'll be a new keyboard, larger trackpad, magnetic latch, tapered edges etc. when the MBP gets a redesign, which will probably happen between June and August. I'm actually surprised that the new MBPs even got multi-touch.

I'd love an excuse to buy one now, but I don't really need one just yet. I don't mind waiting for the redesign. Don't get me wrong, the just updated MBP is great, but I can hold out for something a little fresher looking.

21. Flyer0815 macrumors 6502

I was pretty surprised..moreso surprised that the track pad is the same size!

22. cohibadad macrumors 6502a

cohibadad

MBA keypad >> MBP IMO. love it. I'd bet it's gonna happen at some point.

23. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

While I like the iMac/MB/MBA KB, I would only like it in silver not black. But I'm not disappointed. Then again I'm not in the market for a MBP.

24. mbrydone macrumors regular

Im not really disappointed, I think it would have taken away from the aesthic look and feel of the MBP...unless it had been silver, otherwise the air can keep its keyboard...

The mockups of the "new" MBP looked just like TiBooks, thats not moving forward, its moving back

25. Viper2005 macrumors 6502

Viper2005

I'm relieved actually, that Apple kept the case design and keyboard the same. I think the MBP keyboard looks and feels more professional than the MBA keyboard.