Who else is just sticking with the 4s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mitheone, Sep 24, 2012.

?

If you have a 4s, are you upgrading to the 5?

1. Yes, I'm upgrading

27 vote(s)
    61.4%
  2. No, I'm staying with my 4s

17 vote(s)
    38.6%
  1. Mitheone macrumors newbie

My 4s is just as fast and it feels much more sturdy. The 4s and 5 have the same camera, no I don't have any scratches on my lens, thank you. I take lots of pictures and feel no need to upgrade to the same camera quality. I actually prefer the smaller screen.

I still get to use iOS 6 so theres no excitement of upgrading. Iphone 5 doesn't have any specific features thats not available on other phones i.e siri for 4s.

The only good thing the iphone5 has is LTE. Sorry but I'm not upgrading just because of one feature I want.

I will skip, maybe the 5s might be something I'll look into. I'm guessing it will get a major camera upgrade along with quad-core processor.

2. Ahonen macrumors 6502

Ahonen

The 4S definitely feels sturdier. The 5 is light, and the aluminum frightens me. But I'm glad I upgraded anyway.

3. chdwil macrumors regular

Well try streaming Sunday Ticket without LTE, thats why I switched to Android and have returned to the iPhone 5.

4. na1577 macrumors 6502a

The 5 is nice, but I'm on contract so I can't justify the extra expense.

5. forza1976 macrumors regular

6. thaprofessor33 macrumors member

Upgraded and glad I did. The 5 is much faster.

7. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

AT&T's HSPA+ can handle that just fine. Of course, if you're on Verizon you're screwed on 3G.

8. drb1992 macrumors 6502

drb1992

I had two extra upgrades in my family plan, so I used one of those to upgrade to the 5. Also I sold my 32gb 4S for $360 and bought a 16gb 5 for $246 (after activation fee and taxes). I only used 9gb on my 32gb 4S, so I decided to go with a 16gb 5 this time around.

9. It'sMyPrecious macrumors regular

I'm upgrading simply because I have nothing better to do with my life.

No, seriously, I just like to have new gadgets!

10. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

There is no need for more mega pixels on the iPhone. Just improve the sensor. Unless you all intend on making picture banners or large posters, don’t get caught up in the number of megapixels the camera has. I love the 4s, but I wanted LTE and the taller screen.

11. Love macrumors 68000

Love

I adore my 4S and I hope I can keep it for a long while. The iPhone 5 looks just lovely, but I find it hard to justify the expense.

12. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Sounds like a good call ;)

I mean we all know just how much more sturdy glass is when compared to aluminium. I mean, drop a sheet of aluminium and it just shatters :D.

13. Stetrain macrumors 68040

In the big picture I would say most people.

Unless you get some kind of special early upgrade deal (like AT&T did for the 3GS->4) then it's really hard to justify upgrading early.

Apple knows that. They're targeting existing iPhone users who are done with their two year contract (mostly 3GS and 4 owners) and people who don't have iPhones yet.

14. Mr Hill macrumors 6502

I'm sticking to my 4S for now mainly because I'm on T-Mobile and my area has not yet been refarmed to support HSPA+ on the iPhone. Until that's done I see no point in upgrading to the 5 with just 2G speeds. Once Charlotte is upgraded though I'm headed straight to the Apple Store to get an unlocked Black iPhone 5 to get some HSPA+ 42 goodness. If the speeds are anything like the Androids I've had on T-Mobile, then I should be getting around 15-25mbps download speeds. I'm fine with those speeds until LTE is live next year.

15. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

I've been thinking about upgrading to a 4S rather than the 5, does that count? :cool: