Who else is keeping their iPhone stock?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by doc shivers, Sep 23, 2012.

1. doc shivers macrumors member

I am thinking about not doing any customization's to the background screen, ringtones, or moving any apps around in order to keep my phone as stock as possible. I like that the stock phone looks so much cleaner then phones that are all tricked out with crazy backgrounds/tones. This keeps Apple's original idea for the phone intact, plus you have the benefit of people recognizing the tones/knowing you have an iPhone.

2. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Nope. I hardly use Apple's stock apps, so they'd be taking up space on the home screen for no reason. And it doesn't matter to me whether or not others recognize my phone by the tones. It's my phone, not theirs.

3. Iphone5preorder macrumors 6502a

I've never found an app to use and I've had an iPhone since 3GS. Mine always remains stock. The custom stuff always looks and sounds tacky, always.

4. GeeSixx macrumors regular

GeeSixx

5. iHawaii macrumors member

At $700 per share, APPL is staying with me for now. Oh, wait.

On my 4th iPhone and have never tweaked it, save for using pics as home/lock screen. Just now seeing some really great options and will probably try it out.

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Yet another useless thread from a member obsessed with image yet OCD enough not to let people touch his iPhone.

7. Preed08 macrumors regular

Indeed, it's quite a bit silly if you ask me..

8. doc shivers thread starter macrumors member

you shouldn't put custom rims or exhaust or a rolls royce, why do it with an iphone?

9. jbimler macrumors regular

Nice thread.

I'm guessing you are kind of a weird guy irl?

10. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

That analogy fails on so many levels.

11. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Gotta agree with Jay and Preed, I don't use a majority of Apple's stock apps. They go in a folder on page 2. Everything I use is organized into folders according to type of app or suite of apps (iWork). My homescreen/lockscreen currently are both related to each other while being separate pictures. And my ringtones are songs I like that aren't obnoxious and loud. It's my phone, I'll do what I want with it.

12. MMM.PWR macrumors 6502

MMM.PWR

you crack me up.

must be your first iphone :rolleyes:

13. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Most of the stock tones are lame, now it's so easy to add a song or other tone for a ring tone, or even add a unique SMS tone (Nokia beep beep anyone :D) it is silly to just rely on their bland tones.

14. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

I bet you have an apple sticker on your car/bicycle too.

15. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

[​IMG]

16. BiggAW macrumors 68020

My dad. He can't seem to figure out how to move the icons around. He get a Verizon 4S for work the other day.

17. VenusianSky macrumors 65816

VenusianSky

Stock gets boring IMO. I need to change mine up every so often, particularly the background and ring tone. Actually, can't they make it cycle wallpapers? I do that on my computer.

18. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I'll jailbreak, but I don't theme my iPhone. I like a five column springboard, smaller icons, and infinidock. I also like other enhancements such as BiteSMS, Bulletin, etc.

19. iFanboy Guest

That analogy actually gave me herpes.

For a proper analogy, not using the iPhones limited customisation options is like not using the Rolls Royce CD player or programming your address into the built in sat nav.

20. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

I havent got around to finding a nice wallpaper that i like, so its on the stock grass wallpaper. Ringtones i never mess with.

21. maclook macrumors 65816

Would you change the preset radio stations and adjust the seat and mirrors?

22. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

You are indeed correct

-ly wrong on so many levels. It actually boggled my mind on how you could make that comparison. You have honestly left me speechless. Feel free to PM me for help... I'll gladly try and get you back on the correct path in life.

23. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

So you don't download any apps or change any settings to make the phone better suited to your preferences and maybe increase general usability or quality of life?

What's the point of buying a smartphone then :confused:

24. matttye macrumors 601

If you go around flashing your phone everywhere it's going to get stolen. ;)

25. Kev001 macrumors newbie

Was going to keep it stock but bc AT&T disabled facetime over cellular for people with unlimited data, i will be waiting for a jailbreak. In the mean time ill just Skype it.