Who else switched from the white to black iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AlvinNguyen, Jan 25, 2012.

1. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

Just curious - who changed from white to black?

I had a white iPhone 4 before they were even official (yes I was one of those crazy people who converted their black iPhone). I switched to the white 4 when it came out officially and continued with the white 4S. I really loved my white iPhone but I had the hardest time matching it with stuff - cases in particular. The cases just seems to work better with black iPhones.

White cases don't match the white color of the phone and when you use black cases the front of the phone just looks weird. I ended up with applecare+ and went with no case. But then another problem came up. Other problems: dirt gets into the cracks and makes the outer edge of the screen and around the home button area dirty - and this is coming from someone who takes incredible care of their iPhone.

In any case, I think the white iPhone is super nice but after the lust of exclusivity and the newness of the 4s wore out, I sold my white iPhone and got a black one - and I love the sleek and stealthy look of the black :)

2. B777Forevar macrumors 6502a

B777Forevar

I kinda want to go back to the black iPhone.

The black iPhone looks so professional and sleek, but the white iPhoine is starting look like a toy.

3. In Like Flynn macrumors regular

I agree, I just brought in my old 3g from the garage and it looks nice in black.
    Maybe I can sell my JB4s in white and get a new black one, sound feasable or will I take a loss?

4. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Yeah I imagine dirt would be a problem... That'd be annoying as!

5. joec1101 macrumors 6502

I though white would be neat, but after about a week the novelty wore off and it started to look kind of cheap to me. I went back to black and don't regret it at all. To me, it just looks much more sleek than the white.

6. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I'm the 1% that was able to go black and then apparently go back.

8. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I love the fact that fingerprints are invisible on the white one.

I used to hate all the smudges and fingerprints on my 4.

9. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

I have both.

white = more eye catching, no fingerprints. If you manage to scratch it, it wouldn't stand out. It does NOT get dirty or fade, its not like a white car...the white color is UNDER the glass, come on y'all.

black = less attention, matches cases better, fingerprints, looks more natural when naked

10. AlvinNguyen thread starter macrumors 6502a

After a week of having my new black 4S I don't miss my white one anymore - the black is cleaner and easier to match - now sporting a Vapor Pro Black Chroma case - super stealthy but still catchy :p

11. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

I love my white 4s, but lately (you're right) it's starting to look like a toy.

That and I have some pretty bad light leaks from the back and on the sides. I like to watch Netflix when I'm laying in bed and if you flip it over, you can totally see light literally coming out of the back on the sides, and on the front about half way down towards the home button you can see the light coming through a bit as well.

Maybe I'll trade for a black one.

12. shikari89 macrumors member

shikari89

I am really kicking myself for getting a white 4s. I needed to get white this time around though for it to feel like a new phone. I miss my black iPhone 4 and am definitely going back when the next iPhone comes out... if not before then.

13. war eagle macrumors 6502a

Traded my white 4S for a black 4S last week. Black is sexy.

14. AlvinNguyen thread starter macrumors 6502a

I hear ya - I couldn't find anyone to trade so I just sold mine and got a black one - selling was the easy part but buying a black one was hard...weird

The light leak was so-so on mine but it was annoying enough to push me to switch as well.

15. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

I had really bad issues trying to see the screen properly on my white iPhone outside while wearing sunglasses (like driving in the car). For some reason, I don't have that same issue on the black model. Did the white one have a different screen coating perhaps?

16. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Got to say I was one of those guys who said to myself I would only ever buy the white one and NEVER the black one. But after a few months the dirt is getting way too much, wish I could swap it. Saying that it still looks nice though so it's not exactly a huge problem.

17. ap3604 macrumors 68000

White iPhone doesn't show fingerprints at all the way the black one does, so I changed from black to white.

18. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Nope, I'm never switching back (well unless Apple stops making the white one).

19. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I dislike the way white looks in a case. Other than that, it looks really nice naked.

I use a case though, so I went with black. No complains though. :D

20. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

My next iPhone & iPad will be black. I'm over using white.

21. KOZOK macrumors member

22. LeeM macrumors 6502a

i love white, i think black looks older. if i used it for business id have a black one because its more subtle.

23. livspop macrumors regular

I want to trade my 32 mint-condition black for a 32 mint-condition white. How did you guys who were able to trade go about finding someone to trade with?

24. AndreasDK macrumors newbie

I agree.. The white is more of a 'girly' iPhone somehow :) black is professional

25. kettle macrumors 65816

kettle

ha

I have a friend with a white 4GS - whenever he pulls it out I say "oh ****, you've picked up your wife's phone!"

obviously it's just envy - I have a black 4G

:)