Who else would save up their lunch monies for an Apple keyboard with trackpad?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by chiefroastbeef, Sep 12, 2009.

1. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

Hi guys,

I love the trackpad that is on the mbp, especially the four finger actions. While I do have my Logitech vx1000 programed with the four finger actions and what not, I still would love to have a trackpad next to my wireless keyboard and mouse when I am working at home on the ACD. And perhaps eliminating the need for a mouse all together.

I think a wireless keyboard with a trackpad will truly making it wireless, meaning I am able to put my feet up on the table, sit back with the keyboard on my lap surfing the web.

How many of you guys think an external keyboard with a trackpad will benefit you?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I have always wondered why they DON'T do this. It sounds like a no brainer. It would be a welcome option.

3. mcpryon2 macrumors 6502

mcpryon2

I've always wanted that. Not only would I give up my lunch monies, I would go around beating other kids up and taking theirs until I had enough to get one.

4. Siriosys macrumors regular

Siriosys

Absolutely!! Would certainly do away with all those pesky problems I've had with dirty balls all these years :D

5. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

I love the trackpad gestures so much.

A close workaround is to use an iPod touch or iPhone with a trackpad app.

6. Ice-Cube macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube

7. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

8. chiefroastbeef thread starter macrumors 6502a

Holy smokes, that's a lot of chocolate milk I gots to give up, and I love my chocolate milk.

Seriously, that thing is ugly, when compared to Apple products of course.

I hope Apple comes out with a trackpad keyboard, I hate mismatching (black logitech).

9. ruku macrumors member

i reckon we could take a early 2008 mbp keyboard and trackpad and hack one up ourselves. whos up for the task?

10. cube macrumors G5

Just buy a black Dell monitor.

11. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

Id rather have a keyboard with a built in trackpad than a compass on my iPhone :D Given all of the ideas that get scrapped and put on the back burner at Apple there must be a keyboard like this that exists even if its just in the prototype stage :cool:

12. hodgeheg macrumors regular

Hell yes. I've exhaustively researched external trackpad options, and what I want doesn't really exist.

If Apple made a something that was basically an external keyboard / trackpad both identical to macbook pro (size, layout, feel) etc, I'd buy it tomorrow.

13. chiefroastbeef thread starter macrumors 6502a

why would I buy a black dell monitor when I have a 30" acd? :rolleyes:

14. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I understand that the Logitech diNovo Edge's trackpad is not as good as the MacBook Pro's; I find myself not using the trackpad very often.

15. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

16. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

I have the that keyboard for the PC version and the trackpad is horrible. I wouldn't mind having the yet to be released Asus keyboard with a built in computer.

Althought it costs a small fortune, but it is aluminum with chicklet style keys. Other than the enormous price, it is of course, wired.

[​IMG]

17. Andrew Henry macrumors 6502a

Sounds kinda like a personal problem! :D

18. kanon14 macrumors regular

kanon14

19. georgemann macrumors regular

georgemann

Seattle, Washington & Siem Reap, Cambodia
    I think you will be able to get this soon from Apple, but it will be two devices, 1. the keyboard and 2. the track pad.

George

20. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

That and accessories in something other than white!

I might look at a black-keyed fullsize KB with a trackpad, even though I'm on an MBP. The MB is on a stand, and I use an external mouse, but I still find myself reaching for the trackpad to do a gesture, or because it's just more fun scrolling that way.

You may have to adjust what some of the keys do in control panels under Keyboard, and deal with having a Windows icon on your KB.

Other than that, I can't see why it wouldn't work. I'm using their Illuminated KB right now. Logitech makes great stuff.

21. MuzakaEklekta macrumors regular

I keep banging on and on about the need for Apple to make a keyboard with built in trackpad. I'm sick of my poor quality Keysonic keyboard (which has a built in trackpad).

Hands up who has a Mac mini in their living room?

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]