Who else's iPhone has been stuck in Shenzhen for the last 24 hours?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Anthony T, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

My FedEx tracking info shows 'Picked Up' and the location is Shenzhen CN. It's been the same thing for the past 24 hours, and under details it says 'Package received after FedEx cutoff'. Does it normally take over 24 hours to get a new update?

2. dbell macrumors member

It's a customs problem. I'm in the same boat and called Apple, they said there was a mixup (some I was not dotted or T not crossed) the rep I spoke with said it would push delivery back two days to the 26th, but said since that was a Saturday they'd have to hold it until Monday for delivery.

I'm bummed.

3. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

lol, im sorry this is VERY cruel but i LOL'd . . u have GOT to be kidding, is it really being delayed until monday?

4. muledogus macrumors 6502

I hope yours didn't fall off the sorting table.

5. HA5TY macrumors member

apple would never tell you that even if it was true...

6. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

This is exactly like when the iPad was released.

No worries as they will have our new iPhones to us on the 24th.

7. mrblack927 macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

Haha that was a good one. I'm in the same boat but I'm confident that it will arrive right on time. Apple has done this enough before. :)

8. tritonj macrumors 6502a

for some reason i find it hard to believe the low level customer service guy has any idea what he is talking about and he was merely speculating that it is a customs mix up.

and just as an fyi, the status for shipping doesn't change until it is scanned at its new destination, so a package is scanned when it arrives at a shipping center, then it doesn't get another scan till it is unloaded and processed at the destination. it isn't unheard of for whole pallates of cargo to sit in a warehouse for a day before someone gets to it, and at that point the status would change.. this of course is speaking in general terms, who knows what is going on with the iphones, i'm sure apple will have it straightened out if there is a problem.

but seriously calling customer support at apple isn't going to get you accurate information in cases like this, the most info they will have is there is a delay in shipping, and they won't have that till it is official and there was already a statement made from apple that is the case, and they sure as hell won't have the reasons behind a delay, that is above their pay grade

9. wickerman1893 macrumors 6502

wickerman1893

Same thing happend with the iPad launch lol....

All of the iPad's that were stuck there for 3 or 4 days arrived on the launch day..

10. LarzStarz macrumors member

Dude, you (dbell) called customer service over a Fedex status in China? Wow.

My Fedex status says it's going to be delivered on the 23rd by 10:30 am, but I seriously doubt that will happen.

11. foot56 macrumors regular

I'm in the same boat. ;)

12. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

Same here. I had to call Fedex to have them hold my package since I wont be anywhere near my house on delivery day and its just easier to get from work. The guy, which i totally dont believe, said i will get the package by the estimated date, which is also 23rd. Gah, just say I dont know.

13. LarzStarz macrumors member

If it helps you, there's a "pre-sign" form online you can print out, sign, and tape to your door, so you don't need to actually be there to sign.

14. tritonj macrumors 6502a

but who likes the idea of having something that expensive sitting in front of their door where anyone can steal it

15. wickerman1893 macrumors 6502

wickerman1893

Same thing happend with the iPad launch lol....

All of the iPad's that were stuck there for 3 or 4 days arrived on the launch day..

16. Sirobin macrumors 6502

Sirobin

Hmm...mine has the same message. It had better get here by the 24th!:p

17. LarzStarz macrumors member

I live in a rural area, so not a big deal here, but I hear what you're saying.

18. tritonj macrumors 6502a

they weren't stuck anywhere they just hadn't been scanned into the system, they were probably already in the US for a few days but no one scanned them

19. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

They're being held for a quick tear-down so the counterfeiters over there can get a head start.

20. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

I doubt that this is true. These things are being shipped by air and even if it got delayed a day or two, it should still get here in plenty of time. The iPhones are going to all get here a couple of days ahead of time just waiting to be sent out of the distribution centers.

21. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

My iPhone just got to its first checkpoint: Anchorage, Alaska! USA! USA! USA!

22. foot56 macrumors regular

I hate you :mad::cool:

23. Telecacher macrumors member

Mine too!

Sweet.

24. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

Yea, I live in Vegas so I think Id rather pick it up. At least I know its safe (hopefully) at Fedex. Thanks though.

25. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

Lucky duck! I hope mine updates in Alaska soon :)