Who enjoys going back and watching Keynotes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maddux2005, Sep 16, 2012.

1. maddux2005 macrumors 6502

Today I've watched the original iPhone keynote from start to finish. Then I watched the iPad 2 announcement. Followed by 4S and then iPhone 5.

I do this from time to time. I just love watching these products being unveiled and demonstrated. Obviously they were far better back when Steve did them, that is what I miss most about these keynotes.

So anyone else do the same? Also why has Apple.com removed some keynotes? Aside from YouTube, is there anywhere else to watch?

2. rvernier macrumors newbie

rvernier

3. kilj0y macrumors member

I wonder why they stopped streaming them live for people with apple products. I forget which keynote was the last but now it sucks having to check 3 and 4 different sites just to get all of the information presented at the keynote. Even then I go back and watch the keynote and find even more information that I wanted to know.

4. Boiler macrumors regular

I watch them
    This years was slower
    But ip5 still looks awesome

5. jj47 macrumors regular

I only like watching the keynotes which has steve in them.

6. HJ24 macrumors regular

7. sam67uk macrumors member

I watched the original iPhone keynote today. Probably Steve's finest keynote. Little did we know what affect this would have in the coming years. Definitely a phone ahead of it's time then and still is now! Roll on Friday until I get my iPhone 5 :D

8. DArsenault macrumors regular

I like to watch them, this iPhone keynote didn't feel the same. WWDC was much better IMO this year. Probably due to the leaks. Still glad to finally see an official shot of the iPhone 5. But it was kind of like watching a sports game that you already know the outcome of.

9. clukas macrumors 6502a

clukas

I enjoy watching the keynotes with Steve. The new ones are just not the same, but still quite enjoyable.

10. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Watched it yesterday- I thought it was pretty good, but couldn't help but think how much better it would be if Jobs were presenting through the entire thing.

11. zhandri macrumors 6502

imo they need to get someone else to do the presentations of the devices maybe jony ive or they need to hire someone. those schiller and forstall parts are soooooooooooo boring

12. maddux2005 thread starter macrumors 6502

I like Shiller and Forstall, but they certainly can't do Steve. No one can. Keep in mind that Schiller has presented the iPhone 3GS/4S/5 so it's really him and Steve that has shown the actual phones. No one does it like Steve. They never will.

13. astral125 macrumors 6502

I went back and watched the initial iPhone announcement in 2007. That one is very enjoyable to watch.

I also watch the iPhone keynote every year when it is posted.

14. maddux2005 thread starter macrumors 6502

An iPod......a phone.....an Internet communicator.....are you getting it?!?! Hah

15. Radio macrumors 68000

There haven't been good keynotes since Steve died

16. CyBeRino, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012

CyBeRino macrumors 6502a

Since they stopped doing it because it got too crazy (I recall them saying they had 4Gbps of outgoing streams in a time when that was absolutely ridiculous and unheard of), they've only done it oncetwice to test their HTTP streaming technology.

It worked fantastically those times, so…

I'm still checking but I think before that music event, this may be the last one they did live: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rkaumS8FQM&feature=relmfu