Who has a 2011 13" MPB w/Yosemite and a brand new battery?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by eicca, Feb 11, 2015.

1. eicca macrumors regular

eicca

I've got a 2011 13" with Yosemite 10.10.2, 512GB SSD, and a four-year-old battery with 361 cycles and only 5025mAh at full charge capacity, and my average usage time is still almost six hours. I think it got seven hours tops brand new on Lion back in the day.

Anyone out there with a 2011 13" running Yosemite with a brand new battery? What is your battery life like?

I'm curious to know if the OS upgrades are offsetting the lesser charge capacity in my battery.

Thanks

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Comparing battery life with other users, even users with the same model as yours, won't result in any meaningful conclusions, since battery life is dependent on settings and workload that varies widely between users.

There are many factors that impact your battery life. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.
    The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

3. eicca thread starter macrumors regular

eicca

....or people could please just post their battery life with a new battery and Yosemite and their typical workload. I know what I'm getting into here.

4. arcite macrumors 6502a

arcite

Cairo, trapped in a pyramid with my iphone
    I'm going to guess lower than on Mavericks. ;)
    6 hours sounds reasonable. A lot depends upon what you're doing, including screen brightness, use of flash ect...