Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you have facebook enabled?

• Yes

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • No

Votes: 45 68.2%

• Total voters

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
Not for me. My contacts are messed up already, what with the fund and games of several iOS devices, 2 Macs and iCloud playing silly buggers.

ugp

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2008
Inverness, Florida
I installed mine but didn't enable Contacts. I do like the Sharing option added in Safari and I can post directly from the Notification Center.

Senseotech

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NC
I've got the dev preview running on the MBA, but its missing major functionality at this point, including any form of notifications, so its staying off the primary machine until its useful.

iwan073

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2011
The Netherlands
i am just wondering how many people have facebook enabled.

I do. Cause you gave that link in another post

----------

Not for me. My contacts are messed up already, what with the fund and games of several iOS devices, 2 Macs and iCloud playing silly buggers.

You can turn the contact option off. :)

----------

yes but you can semi- enable it now by downloading the .dmg file

What do you mean, "semi- enable it"?

What's more to come then?

ZacNicholson

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2011
Austin
[QUOTE

[/COLOR]

What do you mean, "semi- enable it"?

What's more to come then?[/QUOTE]

well the notifications do not work yet, so once those work then everything will be fully enabled

Beta Particle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
I don't have a Facebook account, so I have no intention of using the feature.
Have to say I'm not keen on the way Apple is implementing third-party account support into OS X. It should be an optional module you can choose to install or disable, not a core OS feature.

If anyone has ever used Adobe's Lightroom, it should be something like that where there are built in publishing services for popular sites (Flickr etc.) but they can be disabled and disappear from the list when you do so, and people can create their own plugins if their sites aren't on the list.

Beta Particle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
It is optional.

If you don't log in, it's not gonna bother you in any way
Being there bothers me. I am not a fan of how Facebook already tracks your every movement on the web.

I trust that Apple have a reasonable implementation in the OS that doesn't do anything like this, but I do not want anything Facebook related on my system.

garethjs

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2008
Facebook can't even get push working to their iDevice apps yet. They will need to upgrade their push infrastructure before Facebook on the mac will be of much use. In short facebook servers can't handle the load, adding more to it isn't going to work unless they do something about it.

This is the reason why I believe it was planned for 10.8.1 fall release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.