Who has moved from a 6 to a 6 Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by creativedogmedia, Sep 30, 2014.

1. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

Have the 6 but held the Plus today for the first time. I like it but not sure if it would work or not, size wise. Love one hand use and 6 is about the limit for that. Other issue is there seem to be none around until the end of October, even if I did want it. Worth considering or enjoy the 6?

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I moved from the 5s to the 6 plus.

I considered the 6 but didn't see it as much of an upgrade.

I reserved my phone online with Apple and picked it up the following day.

3. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

You said the 6 is the limit for one handed use so the plus would be out the picture for one handed use. I suggest you keep the 6.

4. jorsuss macrumors member

same boat. Thinking of switching from 6 to plus. I played with it a bunch of times in the store and a guy I work with has it. I think I would get used to the one hand thing and the benefits of bigger screen and battery sound appealing. Should be able to grab one sooner if you check the stock levels at the apple store.

5. mercuryjones macrumors 6502a

I went from the 5s to the 6 and then to the 6 Plus. Loving the screen and the battery on the 6 Plus, but the 6 is still a great phone if you can't deal with the enormous phone.

6. DelMac macrumors regular

I had the 6 Plus and moved to the 6. Don't need a tweener phablet. Too big for an iPhone, too small to be an iPad.

7. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

That's why I like it. It's in the middle :)

8. TRC-WA macrumors regular

I went from the 5s to the 6+.

I went as far as printing up a mock cutout of both phones and the 6+ did seem a little big... the entire 2 weeks I waited (ordered 9/12 received 9/26) I was questioning myself on whether I made a right choice.

Well... I did. I love it. I'm 5'11 220 lbs... big hands. The phone is perfect size. I most definitely don't want it bigger, but I don't want it smaller either. I can cover the touch screen with one hand and use it with both.

It's an awesome device for me... Thanks Apple.

9. aneftp macrumors 601

U cannot use the regular iphone 6 one handed consistently. It's way too long. Hard to reach to the top even with "reach ability"

10. PTVMan macrumors 6502a

I've had the 6 since launch day, but keep feeling the desire to change to the 6 Plus. The only problem is that it may be impossible to do so prior to the 14-day return date because my local Apple store does not seem to have stock on the 6 Plus for AT&T.

11. AppleRobert macrumors 603

6 owner since launch date and a week later I was able to get the Plus to try out. A store experience is helpful but if that is all I could have managed I would not have known the Plus is the better choice for me. I determined that after 1 day with it at home, I could not determine that in a week with in store trials almost daily.

12. mobutt macrumors 6502

13. mikemj23 macrumors 6502

Made the switch yesterday and very, very happy. Luckily found an Apple Store that got a small number for AT&T yesterday. Ran over and returned my 6 for the Plus.

Good luck!

14. Gromet macrumors regular

Gromet

I went from a 6 to a 6 Plus and couldn't be happier. the way I figure it when I'm trying to decided between two things... If I choose one, and can't stop thinking about the other, or I keep thinking if I made the right decision, than I probably didn't.

I went with the 6 thinking the Plus was to big. It was EATING away at me. Switched to the plus and couldn't be happier. I don't even think about it anymore, the plus was the right phone for me. I love everything about it. The size, the screen, battery life.

15. MacTechnics macrumors 6502

Go to your local store and explain your situation to a manager and maybe they'll magically have one for you to exchange for like I did

16. sjperformance macrumors 6502

sjperformance

6 since launch day. got a 6+ now. I was scared to use the 6+. made the switch last Friday and im keeping the 6+. love it. I got used to it in 1 day and can use it 1 handed. battery life is amazing.

17. iwayne macrumors 6502

iwayne

Seriously on the fence here to go to the 6+. Went to Apple today and played with it. Size was fine for one handed usability(I'm 6'1") My only worry is how does it feel when it's in your jeans/slacks pocket and you're sitting down?

18. Sifinity macrumors 6502

Sifinity

go to the apple store and feel it , put it in your pocket and see how you like it , just mess with it for like 20 min , if you end up liking it , get it , thats what I'm doing , returning my 6 for a 6 + , even though i have to use a flip phone for a month its worth it

19. beluba macrumors newbie

Same boat as many others in this thread. Got a 6 on launch day but have been wondering if the plus would've been better for me. It was out of stock everywhere so I just figured I'd stick with the 6. But Found out my apple store got some today so I went in and grabbed one. Have only had it since this afternoon but so far I love it.

20. Sifinity macrumors 6502

Sifinity

what color did you get?

21. iwayne macrumors 6502

iwayne

When you put the 6+ in your pocket, & sit down how does it feel?

22. creativedogmedia thread starter macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

My partner on the left coast told me today he has a couple pluses and is sending me one for delivery on Thursday. Only downside is it's silver (which I actually don't know why I'm not 100% on that). Will have a chance to use both in real world and will see how it goes.

23. beluba macrumors newbie

Space grey 128gb

----------

It wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be but definitely more noticeable than the 6. At least with the shorts I was wearing today. Gonna try some of my jeans to see how it works out.

24. beluba macrumors newbie

Update: just tried 4 different pairs of jeans. Standing /walking no issue at all. Sitting is a mixed bag. If I recline a little I don't notice it at all. But if I sit forward, it jabs into my hip a little. Probably enough to the point I'd want to take it out if I was planning on sitting for an extended period of time. I'm just under 6 foot btw. Also I have the apple leather case on it which adds a bit of bulk. Hope that helps.

25. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

I'm about 6'1 as well but There's no issue fitting the phone in my pants pocket considering our pants our probably around the same length since we're the same height.