Who has NEVER dropped their iPhone before?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kendo, Oct 10, 2011.

?

Have you ever dropped your iPhone?

1. Never dropped it EVER!

31.3%
  2. Dropped it at least once (or numerous times)!

68.8%
  1. Kendo macrumors 68000

I see all these topics about cases and using the iPhone naked and suggestions about how you should just be careful not to drop the iPhone. Has anyone managed to NEVER drop their iPhone throughout ownership? Is that even possible?

I went one and a half years without dropping my iPhone but one time it was on my coffee table and as I reached for a magazine, I didn't realize my iPhone was on top of it and it dropped 3 feet. It landed straight on the face so it didn't have a single dent or scratch.

I find myself naive in using my iPhone 4S naked thinking that I will just be careful, but is that really possible?

2. lilj4425 macrumors 6502a

3. Los macrumors regular

I really need a good case because of my job, it's dusty and there's nothing but rocks everywhere, so a good case can prevent it from shattering if I do ever manage to drop it. I have only dropped it once, and thank god I had a good case because nothing happened to it.

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

I have yet to drop it after over 3 years of having one

5. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

I've been using iPhones ever since the first day the original iPhone was out and I've never dropped it. But, I also always use a case, and a case with some grip on it. Every time I handle a naked iPhone (or iPad), it feels like I picked up a slippery wet fish that's just trying to wriggle out of my hand. I could never use one that way.

6. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

Cases are like wearing a condom- yea you might feel safer but it's not near as much fun as being totally naked.

7. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I've never dropped my iPhones but I've dropped and my phone went down with me while.

8. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Had every version of the iPhone and dropped them frequently (once a month). Had incase cases on all of my old phones and just a bumper on my 4.

Never had a screen crack or any noticeable damage.

9. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

Don't know if an iPod touch counts but numerous times

10. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

I've had every iPhone model since each of their launch days and I've never dropped any of them. I don't use cases and had not used any of the protective films until I got my iPhone 4. The glass back of the 4 is too slick and will cause it to slip and fall if left on even the slightest of inclines, but having the film on the back gives it substantially more grip. If you're not going to get a case then I would highly recommend getting one of the protective films that are available.

11. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Roads are a real killer. My 3GS is beginning to show it's age from the wear and tear, the worst came from a drunken night out where I dropped in on a road. The screen was fine but the the back has some deep chips/dents in the plastic.

12. Ounce macrumors member

My 4s will be my third iPhone. I've dropped the other two a few times. The screens are still flawless, but the back of my 3GS has a thin crack. That being said, I will not use a case with the 4s. I like to appreciate the feel and look of the phone by itself.

13. doctapeppa macrumors 6502

I've dropped mine at least once a month.

Here are some common scenarios.

- In shirt pocket when I bend over to grab something off of the floor. Phone slips out of shirt pocket.

- On treadmill with earphones on. While running my hand hits the headphone cable pulling the phone from the treadmill and onto the conveyer at high speed.

- The phone is on my lap in my car when I get out of the car forgetting the phone is there. (this one is nasty because it's usually onto concrete)

- On my desk and cat jumps near it, knocking it onto the floor.

I don't consider myself clumsy. I always keep it in a case and the phone has no scratches. I don't use a screen protector and the screen is 100% perfect.

Ip4

14. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Maybe you should rethink the clumsy part. All of those except the cat make it sound like you're a careless klutz.

15. FullMetalx117 macrumors regular

i bought an otterbox defender for my iphone so hopefully even when i do drop it ill be okay

16. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I have cracked an iPhone 4, an ipod nano (recent gen), and older gen ipod touch. I have clumsiness issues.

17. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I've dropped mine but not from my hand. Does slipping out of my pocket count?

18. matty.p macrumors 6502

I dropped mine once in the Home Depot Parking Lot after standing up getting out of my car and having my phone in my lap. Dropped straight on the pavement, a little scuff but no glass breakage!

19. BiscuitsNGravy macrumors member

Atleast 30 times.

The highest has been from a 50ft boom truck. Nothing broke, just a few scratches on the Rebel Serpent case.

20. SRLMJ23 macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

I've yet to drop the orginal iPhone, the iPhone 3G, the iPhone 3GS (both white & black) and the iPhone 4. I've had some close calls but never ever completely dropped it.

21. notjustgc macrumors 6502

notjustgc

My case saved my iPhone 4 - it was in my pocket when a car took me out on the motorcycle back in June. I landed (and skidded) right on that pocket and the iPhone was fine. Maybe if I had a case for my left arm, it would have fared just as well. :rolleyes:

22. Number 41 macrumors 6502a

Funny -- I think most people who never drop their phones are anal-retentive.

23. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Dropped my iPhone plenty of times .... with & without a case. I gotta say, the iPhone 4 is tougher than what people made it out to be. Some of the drops were pretty violent to. Once down a flight of stairs, but only a couple nicks on the antenna as a result.

My last drop was huge. It was pouring outside and as I was about to put my naked iPhone in my pocket, the wind slammed my car door into my arm and I dropped it into a huge puddle on the sidewalk curb. There was only a minor crack on the top left side above the camera, but water damage killed it.

Luckily Apple gave me a free return even though I was 11 days past my warranty. :D

I'll try my best to baby it & not drop it again.

24. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I have never dropped an iPhone and I have owned them all. My iPhone 4 is naked.

25. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Oh please those are all normal examples. If he was falling down all over the place and it kept slipping out of his hands then maybe.