iPad Who has the best deal on a 128GB iPad Air 4G LTE on #cybermonday or #blackfriday?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by GeoFan49, Nov 26, 2013.

1. GeoFan49 macrumors member

GeoFan49

Silicon Valley, SF Bay Area, California, USA
    Who has the best deal on a 128GB iPad Air 4G LTE on #cybermonday or #blackfriday (Target? Walmart? BestBuy? Staples? Other?)

Please list any finds? (and which carrier, AT&T, Verizon, etc?)

IN STOCK, where?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

What's with the hash tags, this isn't twitter.

I'm not sure you're going to see much of a deal on such a high end iPad.

Since most companies have already released their black friday sales, I'd recommend that you start googling if you're interested in trying to save money. My bet is Apple or Bestbuy.

Apple is cutting the price by 41 dollars as reported here http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1677215 and you can check out bestbuy here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Misc/Bl...0050002.c?id=pcmcat225600050002&ref=30&loc=NA

You can also check out staples as well Check out your carrier as well, they may have some deals

3. GeoFan49 thread starter macrumors member

GeoFan49

Thanks for your speedy reply.

I've spent hours googling for deals. NOBODY has this model in stock, in Black. So, there may be NO deals.

Guess what, I just Googled:

Who has the best deal on a 128GB iPad Air 4G LTE on #cybermonday or #blackfriday?

and this post was #1.

Apple's free shipping probably does no good if I am ordering online for in-store pickup at an Apple store?

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I just googled this:"ipad air black friday 2013" and got lots of hits

I don't know how much savings they're showing but its worthwhile for you to do your research.

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

I'm pretty sure that's last year's deal (posted as an example of what one might expect) unless I've missed an update.

Couple thoughts here... first is that since the official color name is Space Gray, googling for "black" is likely to impact your results some. Also with the hashtags you're overspecifying your search terms and thus additionally impacting your results.

Second - think like a retailer. Their goal (generally) is to get people into their stores to buy a bunch of other stuff as well as the ipad. So they're advertising the most popular models; the ones that appeal to the greatest audience. A 128GB LTE model is NOT one of those. I'd go so far as to say that most stores outside of Apple are not going to stock it in-store (if at all).

So... Your best bet is likely going to be whatever Apple has as a general $$$ off of iPad Airs. Either order for delivery or in-store pickup. Glancing quickly at a couple of 128GB LTE Gray models, Apple shows them available for pickup at any of the Apple stores near me (though that can vary by location and carrier).

6. GeoFan49, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013

GeoFan49 thread starter macrumors member

GeoFan49

So far, the best deal I have found is $50 off at Staples. Order online, free shipping or in-store pickup. Looks like 2nd day delivery for iPad Air 128GB Verizon Space Gray. So if their online inventory system is accurate, they have it in the warehouse.

Verizon has $100 off MSRP — if you sign a 2 year contract, but it is on backorder, 7-10 days wait. If you want prepaid $20 for 1 GB/month it is full price. Postpaid $30 for 2GB/month with 2-year contract, $100 off list price.

Otherwise, everyone is at Apple MSRP list price. Target does not stock it. Walmart may have some in the warehouse.

Of course, you can also go to eBay or Amazon and pay a lot more than list prices.

Update: The Apple website sure makes it easy to specify variables and check availability in Apple stores.

7. deeddawg macrumors 604

If you go with Staples, sign up for their rewards program in and get something like 5% back in rewards. Worth some toner / ink / paper / etc. down the line.