Who has used Unlocked UK iPhone 4 successfully with AT&T sim?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by julianna1973, Feb 21, 2011.

1. julianna1973 macrumors 6502

julianna1973

I have read on several sites that its very difficult to use the iPhone 4 with the AT&T sim as either Apple or AT&T block access when they realise you are trying to use it with the iPhone, seems you can be cut off/restricted within a few mins.

If anyone has managed to use their unlocked UK iPhone with AT&T & been able to fully use the added on data plan, can you post the settings you used?

2. jamaggic macrumors member

unlocked UK

should work fine as its unlocked and either t-mob or att sim will work,,, however if using att must have the iphone data package, att will not allow data usage on iphone without their designated iphone package... you can get away with voice only but make sure you have data turned off and APN setting blank. T-mob doesnt care what smart phone you have, their data package is priced the same regardless. I have unlocked Australian 3gs on t-mob and have no complaints.

3. julianna1973 thread starter macrumors 6502

julianna1973

So I should get a tmobile pay & go & cut the sim down? Coz I want the data to work

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

If you want data, go with a prepaid AT&T card. T-Mobile's 3G in the U.S. isn't compatible with iPhone, so you'll just be running on EDGE(2G).