who here has dropped their phone already?

ajm222

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
dropped from a few feet but onto thickly carpeted floor. no damage that i can see.

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 68000
Feb 24, 2009
My father dropped it in front of the apple genius. Luckily, the phone was still replaced due to a faulty wifi card. I was fuming.:mad:

meganator

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
Mine fell off the bed onto the wood floor. Had a case on and the bed is low so no damage!

mateo124

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2011
I have a friend who's 5 fell off a table at work. The phone looked to be okay, no scuffs, but the vibrator didn't work after that

rombo

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2012
Dropped a few times already, once from hip leve onto concretel . Otterbox defender on the second I put in SIM card

Kadman

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2007
Dropped 3 feet onto a ceramic tile floor. Damage=dented corner in aluminum band. Want to see a picture? Do a search on the word "tile."

iwayne

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
Santa Clara, California
Last year my gf shattered hers 6 days after getting the 4S. This year she dropped it taking it out of the BOX! It only chipped the side but when she went to get apple care 2 days later the genius started grilling her about it.

KittyToy

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2007
Davenport
Last year my gf shattered hers 6 days after getting the 4S. This year she dropped it taking it out of the BOX! It only chipped the side but when she went to get apple care 2 days later the genius started grilling her about it.

I hope she said it came that way ... Since most coming with dents n stuff.. I haven't dropped mine n I carry it around in a sock till I get my case, a plastic still on phone too lol.

doctorandrew

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2012
Went to an AT&T store and had my phone handled by an employee to try on an Otter case. He drops it to the floor. Lucky for him, no damage was done.

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 68000
Feb 24, 2009
lmao, what did the genius say?
It was an awkward situation. He just said that "it's okay" a few times as he apologized. Surprisingly, the phone held up really well. It took us a few minutes to even find the dent on the corner. It was really small.

The new one is still flawless though! Papa won't be touching this one.

----------

Poor Dad. I'm guessing that you'd rather had the genius drop it. :D
It worked out in the end. I almost had a heart attack for a few minutes though, haha.

kalexn

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
Texas
Went to an AT&T store and had my phone handled by an employee to try on an Otter case. He drops it to the floor. Lucky for him, no damage was done.
Crap. I would have been furious! At least if something would have happened I am pretty sure they would have to give you a new one since he did it.

itsLouieV

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2010
Chicago
I've dropped mines quite a few times (on purpose) to prove a point to a friend with a s3... Needless to say they didn't have the same confidence in their phone...

redout

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2011
Dublin
Dropped twice so far with no cover:

Once from top of sub woofer onto table - about one foot and no damage.

Once from trouser pocket onto carpeted floor - about three foot and no damage.