Who here has swapped from black to white phones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gsugolfer, Sep 28, 2012.

1. gsugolfer macrumors 6502a

Jul 11, 2010
    Georgia, USA
    Apple wouldn't do a swap for me, but Verizon swapped me without charging me the exchange fee. Naturally, I have to wait on it to ship and get here.

How many of you have actually gone through with making the change?
  2. Radiating macrumors 65816

Dec 29, 2011
    I've been thinking about swapping from white to black, my apple store said they would do it for free though. I guess it depends which one you use.
  3. Edge1978 macrumors 6502

Sep 11, 2011
    Well, I didn't get a Black iPhone 5 and then swap for a white. But All of my previous iPhones (4/4S) have been black, and I wanted to try something different so I got an iPhone 5 White and loving it. :D
  4. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

Sep 19, 2008
    My wife has the white and I have a black one. The white one gets dirty a lot easier on the front plastic. But the aluminum on the back is nice looking. I like the black aluminum and polished lip on the black one better.
  5. 5enohpi macrumors regular

Sep 23, 2012
    Ive learned that if you go in there and bitch and complain they will eventually give in and do whatever you want. Got store credit yesterday for a lightning adapter that they dont keep in stock
  6. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

May 21, 2010
    I bought a black one from Apple which was delivered on launch day. On Sunday, I went to the Apple store and did the exchange. Very pleased, with the exception of the crap battery life. I don't know whether it's calibrating or whatever, but I've got a genius appointment tonight to find out. I don't really want to swap because mine is in excellent condition (no dings or nicks).

Please explain how the glass front of the white one gets dirtier a lot easier. It's glass.
  7. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Sep 18, 2010
    Hamilton, New Zealand

The dirt gets trapped between the edges of the home button. And also the edges.

I've seen it before.
  8. linsam macrumors 6502

Jul 3, 2007
    Irvine, CA
    Has anyone ever noticed getting dirt under the glass on the white iPhone?