Who Here Has the New 15" 2.0 i7 And Likes It?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Fazzl, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Fazzl macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

Who has the new one in 2.0 already and thinks the performance and GPU is fine.

Im doing things like:
    I use my computer almost all day - web browsing, music, watching video, documents.

Im beginning to program in xCode for iPhone apps (which is why the 13" screen size wasn't cutting it) and occasionally will need photoshop for graphics etc and iMovie for promotional videos etc.

Almost zero gaming (havent played mac games yet as I have a ps3 xbox and iPhone)

2. Treeman574 macrumors regular

I just received mine! It works great for both autoCAD and MATLAB! I was planning to get the high end 13" so I am not at all disappointed with the performance.

3. binary10 macrumors member

Is this a serious question? Why not ask... What sort of hardware was used to create this one and the one before that and the one before that one.

Of course performance and GPU is fine either that or people are emptying their pockets for other reasons.

Do I have one ? Not yet. My old 4 year machine still compiles, runs an OS (even two at the same time), moves things around the screen. Honest.

Would I like one, yeah maybe.

4. deeesea macrumors 6502

why do you need a decked out MBP to do what people have been doing since 2007? (make iphone programs).

Save some money, get yourself a midtier MBP and you'll be fine, even the 13 incher will suit you fine, use the extra money you save to pick up a Dell U2711 (hey you're doing photoshop right? you'd want some excellent colour reproduction :)).

5. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

6. babyt macrumors regular

babyt

I think that's the ghtz

Oh and btw I love it. Well will love it... Won't be getting my swap till next week.
    ;)