Who here hsd been waiting until the Back to School promotion to get their MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BenLeong, May 1, 2010.

?

Who here has been waiting until the Back to School promotion to get their MBP?

1. I am waiting for the Back to School promotion so that I can save $200 by selling the iPod Touch

32.5%
  2. I'm waiting for the Back to School promotion so that I can get a free iPod to enjoy

29.1%
  3. I wanted to wait, but I couldn't be patient enough, and I ended up buying a MBP already

17.9%
  4. I don't care about saving $200 or getting a free iPod, so I already bought a MBP

20.5%
  1. BenLeong macrumors member

I have. The free iPod touch that I'll get will just be sold on Ebay or Craiglist to save me $200 off the cost of the computer. To me, it's worth it to wait.

Anyone else in the same boat?

2. Stankonia macrumors regular

I thought about it, but since there are $100 rebates on printers, I added on a $100 printer and plan on selling it on Ebay to make up part of the cost.

So overall I am only saving $100 instead of $200, but it's better than nothing and I don't have to wait another month or so for Back to School sales to start

3. King Apple macrumors regular

King Apple

Definently worth the wait. Im waiting for the back to school promotion also. I will be saving 100 dollars on the student discount, 200 dollars with the free ipod, and a free printer. Im prolly gonna get the 13" 2.4ghz for college

4. longball11 macrumors 6502a

longball11

I'm waiting for it. Im just risking the fact that I graduate from college this coming saturday. I hope I have a grace period for the back to school promo. I want a 15'' macbook pro, free ipod and the free rebate for printer. Then Im set for hopefully my career! :)

5. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

You can do both rebates with back to school.

I am waiting, hoping that the ipads make it into their special. Maybe 200 off. If so i may pick up a new MBP, iphone and ipad. Doubt they will discount the ipad, but I don't need a laptop now so I can wait.

6. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

I'm waiting for back to school. Looking seriously at a 13" MBP.

7. kennyp macrumors newbie

8. Stankonia macrumors regular

Ahhh damn. I figured it would be the usual case of 'this offer cannot be combined with other offers blah blah blah' that you normally see with deals like that.

Oh well, too late to turn back now :cool:

9. iamrawr macrumors 6502

iamrawr

I'm waiting for it. But I'm worried if they are going to refresh them again in around oct/nov.

10. tann macrumors 68000

I'm sure they normally refresh iPods in September.

Edit: I think you meant refreshing the notebooks :p My bad! If they did I think it would only be minor spec bumps..

11. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Right; to make it up to Apple for the Arrandale delays, Intel is going to prerelease their 2011 products just for Apple.

12. snowleopard13 macrumors regular

I'm also waiting for it. It's veeery hard, as i waited for the new models since february, but now so close to the BTS promo i just HAVE to wait for it. Gives me an extra discount by selling the iPod and the printer. Alltough i may be keeping the printer or upgrade to the one with WIFI.

Does anyone know, if the printer has toner included?

13. Renese-Williams macrumors member

Renese-Williams

I'm waiting so I can get that iPod touch. :D I'll sell it and maybe pick up the 32 GB. ^^

14. Ash9414 macrumors 6502

I'm waiting fo the free iPod and printer deal. I chose the option about keeping the iPod but I alreay have a 2nd generation 16gb (which I am typing on now) so will probably just give it to my brother for a smaller cost.

15. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

There should be a new choice. Something like I'm waiting but not because of the back to school promotion. I live in NC and we have an education tax free weekend in August. I'm waiting for that!

16. Ctt713 macrumors member

I am waiting as well. I'm going to buy the base 15" MacBook pro. It will be nice to get the 200 off from selling the touch and getting an otherwise $100-$200 dollar printer free. Anyone know when the promotion actually starts? I would imagine sometime In June but I am not sure of the exact date.

17. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

While you'll make a good bit of change, $200 is unrealistic because it won't sell for anywhere near retail especially if the UPC is missing and ebay will be choked full of 'em. Happens every time.

18. mathieuplante macrumors member

Requirements?

Can anyone tell me the requirements for buying something in the Apple Store with the educational discount?

Long story short, I work inside a university, but I'm not sure I'm technically staff as I work at the radio station full time but the radio station doesn't belong to the University, it belongs to the students. What proof do I need to provide?

Thanks a lot!

19. Gallium macrumors newbie

Questions

1) When will the promotion begin roughly?

2) Will it be educational pricing or normal price if there is a free ipod touch?

3) Is it available for all countries?

20. snowleopard13 macrumors regular

1) Search the Forums, answered so many times. Last year it began on May 28th.

2) Educational Pricing.

3) I suppose, but not sure. Read about China, USA, UK, Germany and Austria on the Forums.

21. RedJeans macrumors member

Well - it happens in Canada :)

I, too, am waiting for the promo to start. Looking to purchase a 13" MBP.

22. Dany M macrumors 6502

Same!

23. jawa12083 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (iPod Touch 2G 8GB: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

I'm going to get the base 15, throw in a printer for scanning and stuff, and an iPod, which I plan to sell, and I'll use that money to buy myself an iPhone 4G.

Btw, the promotion will end the day before the iPod touches get updated. (At least that's what happened last year....)

So what's a better choice -
    1. Going for the (free) 8gb, with a resale value of around $125-180
    2. Going for the $100 32gb, with a resale value of $200-280

Thanks guys

24. Dany M macrumors 6502

I've never participated in the back to school program, just know that they give an ipod away depending on your purchase

So is the macbook discounted as well with a rebate offer? is the discount more then it would be right now and is the rebate offer only selective to which mac you get? such as a mac pro can getcha a rebate offer of a high end itouch, while a macbook can getcha an ipod nano?

25. mug3n macrumors newbie

You already get a discount if you're getting the student price of the macbook so no, this promo isn't going to discount it any further.

Quite sure that it applies to all Mac computers.

As far as I know they only reimburse you up to the cost of the lowest model ipod touch, so that would be the 8gb version. And keep in mind it's a mail in rebate, so you would have to shell out the $200+ first to get it then wait for your cheque in the mail