Who here is going to give up their jailbreak for iOS 6 when it officially comes out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Big.Mac.Daddy, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Big.Mac.Daddy macrumors 6502a

Not sure since I haven't used iOS 6 yet but I'm currently jailbroken and I figure that Apple will find a way to make sure the current jailbreak doesn't work on the official iOS 6 that will get released.

Does anyone feel like iOS 6 (when its officially released) is worth giving up your jailbreak for months until they come up with a new one?

Or are you simply going to stick with 5.1.1 until the new jailbreak comes out for iOS 6?

2. coolhands macrumors regular

Me!! Looking forward to trying out the official iOS 6. Can't wait to see it pop up as an OTA update on my 4s :)

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

iOS 6 Im sure will add some nice new things but never the freedom and everything the JB scene has to offer.
    So as usual Im going to stick with older JB firmware until the new jailbreak comes out.

If you're JB now you will not be able to OTA update.
    You will need an itunes restore.

4. coolhands macrumors regular

This is true...Thus why I restored last night... I know iOS 6 is possibly a ways away but I was bored lol:D

5. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

Unless they decide to toss in call/text blacklisting and upcoming calendar events for my lockscreen I'll be sticking with 5 until the jailbreak is finished.

6. Greg 78 macrumors newbie

IOS will never compare to the JB

I'm sticking with my JB because IOS will NEVER or at least for a long time will never offer the tweaks/hacks that cydia offers. Bite SMS is just one. it is also one of the biggest and best tweaks I and I'm sure many others have. why isn"t apple able to do that ??? it's by far one of the most convenient options on the i phone, especially if you are on your phone a lot like me. and why can't we do what we want with OUR phones ??? ***** that ! why can't i quick reply and compose when I get a text without my phone being JB ??? why do I have to have AT&T in the corner all the time ??? why can't I color customize everything ??? :confused::confused::confused:

7. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

If I end up getting a different phone this fall when my contract is up I won't be updating my iPhone to iOS 6. It's much more manageable to have a device on an older firmware so long as it's not your daily driver. Besides there's not a lot of offering in terms of new features for my iPhone 4. Not worth the bandwidth that it will take to update it.

8. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I feel like we haven't really seen iOS 6 yet. I guess what I mean is, if I am going to keep my 4s, no I will not update until a JB is available. It doesn't seem worth it to me. If the new iPhone floors me than I'll buy one and then yeah I'll be on iOS 6.

9. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

It's never a question for me since I always get the new phone. If iOS 6 were to come out much before the new phone I would probably be to tempted to wait and I'd end up installing it on my 4s.

10. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I will probably test it out, decide it isn't worth it, and downgrade until 6.x gets a JB.

----------

The answer to all of these questions is stability. Apple strips you of your choices. As a result, you get unparalleled customer service. It's a it of a give and take. I love JB as well. At the same time, I like being able to walk into the Apple store with a device that is acting up and get it swapped out.

11. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

Very tempting, although I will probably wait until there is a JB available to install iOS 6 on my 4S. I'm excited though, to see what its going to bring. I was just on the Apple website the other night, checking out all the new stuff that is coming in the update.

12. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

I don't see anything in iOS 6 to make me want to give up my jailbreak on my iPhone 4, so I won't be updating without an available jailbreak. However, I would be willing to give it up to get the new iPhone.

13. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

I'm giving mine up. My jailbreaking days are over.

14. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Not sure why any one that jailbreaks would give up their jailbreak. The point of jail breaking is to be able to customize your phone, iOS 6 won't change that need.

15. AAPLinc, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012

AAPLinc macrumors 65816

Yeah lol, I made this mistake once. You're jailbroken, and a software update comes around, and you think to yourself well maybe this update is cool, and then you update and lose your jailbreak and then you want it back so bad...

16. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

You can always play around with the new OS and downgrade when you decide you need to jailbreak again.

17. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

Can you PM me how to do this? I know you have to save SHSH blobs or something, right? Sorry, I never learned how to be able to downgrade... or unless you just want to post how to do it here, but I don't want to go off topic.

18. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not always if you're using a 4S.
    Blobs wont do you much good there.

19. faroZ06, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012

faroZ06 macrumors 68040

faroZ06

20. audix macrumors regular

I'm going to stay on a jailbreak and then move to another jailbreak.

iOS6 takes away a lot of good features so the only way is jailbreak now.

21. calvy macrumors 65816

22. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

That's changed, good sir. You can now downgrade, so long as you have jailbroken, at least as of today.

23. faroZ06 macrumors 68040

faroZ06

Post removed. I was trying to make a blank reply, but it put a bunch of asterisks :p

24. yegon macrumors 68020

No choice as I'll be getting the new iPhone. To be honest though, the only reason I jailbreak currently is because of a b0rked home button, Zephyr saving the day in this respect. I'll really miss Zephyr and Switchy (doubles the multitasking bar) in the new iPhone, I'll probably jailbreak it when possible for these two alone.

I really wish Apple would implement off bezel gestures, sooooo much better than double pressing the home button. That you can do two fingers off the track pad in Mountain Lion shows they acknowledge their existence.

25. RobT macrumors 6502a

RobT

If I stay with my 4S I'm going to choose to keep the JB over upgrading to iOS 6 unless iOS 6 gets some great new (yet unannounced) feature(s) I can't live without OR an app I depend on gets updated and won't run on 5.1.1 any longer.